Asus SLI-Premuim NVraid

viperxoc

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
Hi All,

I reciently purchased a computer from Cyberpower with the following specifications:

Asus SLI-Premuim
AMD X2 64 4600
2 Gigs of RAM
(2) 250 Gig HD in a RAID 0
(2) EvGa 7800 GT (SLI)
SB X-FI Platnum
5.1 Speakers
16X DVD
Sony 52X32X52 CDRW
19 Inch CRT

When I recieved my computer I noticed that Cyberpower had configured the RAID 0 Array using the regular SATA (Banks 3 and 4) connectors instead of the NVRAID SATA. I don't understand why they would do this, and if there is a way to switch it to the NVRAID SATA connectors without losing any data. Is there any advantages to using the NVRAID SATA connectors as oposed to the regular SATA? I was very frustrated at first while trying to install another 250 Gig drive in the SATA bank 1 slot, but after removing banks 1 and 2 in the BIOS from RAID everything worked fine. Thanks in advance for any help provided.

synixer

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2005
There seem to have anything wrong with Nvidia's old raid driver.

So maybe Cyberpower used the regular SATA connectors.

viperxoc

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
This is a brand new computer, so there is nothing at all wrong with the NVRAID connectors. I am not by any means a computer expert, but I do know some things, and have built my own computer on several occasions. I have never seen these new NVRAID connectors before and was just wondering why Cyberpower would use the regular SATA connections instead of the NVRAID SATA connections on the motherboard.

Thanks for your reply though.