SideWinder Precision 2 USB Joystick

Last response: in Video Games
March 15, 2005 11:55:47 PM

Can anyone point me in the direction of Windows XP (or compatible) drivers
and profiling software for the Microsoft SideWinder Precision 2 USB
Joystick?

Microsoft's SideWinder site seems to have been closed down - all I can get
from them is 95/98 drivers, which won't work under XP.

And apparently all MS support for this device stopped in August 2004 - a
pity, as this has been a good stick for me in FS2K2 and FS2K4 and mine has
lots of life left in it!

Ta,
D.

(ps. I did have the original disk, but can't find it - how typical!).
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 2:39:29 AM

I think you will find that WinXp will drive this stick anyway.
Cheers,

Quilly
March 16, 2005 11:50:39 AM

Try googling a site for the drivers. If you can get Version 4.0, they are
the correct drivers. Regardless of the warning you get that they are not
campatible.

"David Wright" <REMOVETHISBITenquiries@ukmc.co.ukANDTHISBIT> wrote in
message news:42374b7b$0$10940$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com...
> Can anyone point me in the direction of Windows XP (or compatible) drivers
> and profiling software for the Microsoft SideWinder Precision 2 USB
> Joystick?
>
> Microsoft's SideWinder site seems to have been closed down - all I can get
> from them is 95/98 drivers, which won't work under XP.
>
> And apparently all MS support for this device stopped in August 2004 - a
> pity, as this has been a good stick for me in FS2K2 and FS2K4 and mine has
> lots of life left in it!
>
> Ta,
> D.
>
> (ps. I did have the original disk, but can't find it - how typical!).

March 16, 2005 2:03:11 PM

>I think you will find that WinXp will drive this stick anyway.

Turns out it will - plugged it in and recognised fine.

But, can't profile it - so it's only working on the usual axis plus the
throttle - FS2K4 won't let me programme the other buttons. A pity as I use
those functions more!

Anyone know where the profiling software can be obtained, or indeed any
third party application to do the same?

D.
March 17, 2005 2:15:03 AM

Yep, in my CD wallet.
;o)
If you live in Sydney, I can loan you the CD.

"David Wright" <david.wright@open.ac.uk> wrote in message
> >I think you will find that WinXp will drive this stick anyway.
>
> Turns out it will - plugged it in and recognised fine.
>
> But, can't profile it - so it's only working on the usual axis plus the
> throttle - FS2K4 won't let me programme the other buttons. A pity as I use
> those functions more!
>
> Anyone know where the profiling software can be obtained, or indeed any
> third party application to do the same?
>
> D.

Anonymous
March 17, 2005 8:25:06 PM

David Wright wrote:
>> I think you will find that WinXp will drive this stick anyway.
>
> Turns out it will - plugged it in and recognised fine.
>
> But, can't profile it - so it's only working on the usual axis plus
> the throttle - FS2K4 won't let me programme the other buttons. A pity
> as I use those functions more!
>
> Anyone know where the profiling software can be obtained, or indeed
> any third party application to do the same?

Win XP profiles it for me. Do it through FS9

Cheers,

Quilly
!