SideWinder Precision 2 USB Joystick

Can anyone point me in the direction of Windows XP (or compatible) drivers
and profiling software for the Microsoft SideWinder Precision 2 USB
Joystick?

Microsoft's SideWinder site seems to have been closed down - all I can get
from them is 95/98 drivers, which won't work under XP.

And apparently all MS support for this device stopped in August 2004 - a
pity, as this has been a good stick for me in FS2K2 and FS2K4 and mine has
lots of life left in it!

Ta,
D.

(ps. I did have the original disk, but can't find it - how typical!).
5 answers Last reply
More about sidewinder precision joystick

    I think you will find that WinXp will drive this stick anyway.
    Cheers,

    Quilly

    Try googling a site for the drivers. If you can get Version 4.0, they are
    the correct drivers. Regardless of the warning you get that they are not
    campatible.

    "David Wright" <REMOVETHISBITenquiries@ukmc.co.ukANDTHISBIT> wrote in
    message news:42374b7b$0$10940$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com...
    > Can anyone point me in the direction of Windows XP (or compatible) drivers
    > and profiling software for the Microsoft SideWinder Precision 2 USB
    > Joystick?
    >
    > Microsoft's SideWinder site seems to have been closed down - all I can get
    > from them is 95/98 drivers, which won't work under XP.
    >
    > And apparently all MS support for this device stopped in August 2004 - a
    > pity, as this has been a good stick for me in FS2K2 and FS2K4 and mine has
    > lots of life left in it!
    >
    > Ta,
    > D.
    >
    > (ps. I did have the original disk, but can't find it - how typical!).

    >I think you will find that WinXp will drive this stick anyway.

    Turns out it will - plugged it in and recognised fine.

    But, can't profile it - so it's only working on the usual axis plus the
    throttle - FS2K4 won't let me programme the other buttons. A pity as I use
    those functions more!

    Anyone know where the profiling software can be obtained, or indeed any
    third party application to do the same?

    D.

    Yep, in my CD wallet.
    ;o)
    If you live in Sydney, I can loan you the CD.

    David Wright wrote:
    >> I think you will find that WinXp will drive this stick anyway.
    >
    > Turns out it will - plugged it in and recognised fine.
    >
    > But, can't profile it - so it's only working on the usual axis plus
    > the throttle - FS2K4 won't let me programme the other buttons. A pity
    > as I use those functions more!
    >
    > Anyone know where the profiling software can be obtained, or indeed
    > any third party application to do the same?

    Win XP profiles it for me. Do it through FS9

    Cheers,

    Quilly

Joystick Microsoft Windows XP Video Games