Weird performace from my x300

libertad

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
I know this is not the greatest card out their but it works for me. I play Half-Life 2 on low res on hi settings with 70 fps. Now all the sudden I get 10 fps but my brother an his account still gets desent fps :?: . Ive done every thing i know check for spyware, viruses, update to catalist 5.13 and still no good. If any one knows what might be wrong tell me what to do to fix my poor performance. Also i tried over clocking , cleaning my regestry, clean ming my RAM and OC my card.

MY rig a dell 4700 stock (i've made no modifications to it yet)
2.8 Ghz P4
512 RAM
X300 SE 128 video memory
Win XP
80 GB hard drive

MrCommunistGen

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2005
you might want to check the driver AA/AF and quality settings. I have a friend who didn't realize that these had been changed and it really affected his performance. I'm not running an ATi card at the moment, I'm on vacation with my laptop which is using an N'vidia card, so I can't walk you through it exactly, but I'll give it a shot.

Go into display properties, click on the settings tab, click the "Advanced" button, go to the ATi tab and start poking around. Somewhere there should be a screen that allows you to manually set AA/AF through the driver, either by moving a slider or by creating your own custom setup. The slider should be set to Normal, Standard, or whatever is in the middle, and the "use custom settings" checkbox should be unchecked.

Good Luck!
-mcg