Change IP Address on PDC

Scott

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

I have done a network re-address with one PDC and XP clients.

From fixed addersses to DHCP in a different net address.

Now, clients login and cannot open any of thier files that
reside on the PDC user directory. The client machine just
hangs and does not respond.

Any ideas?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Make sure that user have restarted there computer for the sake of ip renewal, you could bonce them at night remotely,
If thats not the problem, try rejoining the systems to the domain. Or modify the Dhcp Scope!!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

The server should have a static IP, otherwise I could imagine there would be problems.