How do I quit xp setup?

I have been trying to install window xp on my pc for about a week now. For
some reson 16 minute before theinstallation is complete it jumps back to 39
remainning (the cicle continuous after hours) I was hoppint the installation
will complete but it never did. I turn the computer off and turn it back on
and the setup automatically restart with "set up will complete in
approximatly 39 minute). Help
2 answers Last reply
More about quit setup

    jbv wrote:
    > I have been trying to install window xp on my pc for about a week
    > now. For some reson 16 minute before theinstallation is complete it
    > jumps back to 39 remainning (the cicle continuous after hours) I was
    > hoppint the installation will complete but it never did. I turn the
    > computer off and turn it back on and the setup automatically restart
    > with "set up will complete in approximatly 39 minute). Help

    How are you installing, clean install, upgrade from a previous OS?

    The last 39 minutes of the installation is the time when the hardware is
    detected and set up. Did you do your homework by running the Upgrade Advisor
    making sure that the system components are compatible with XP, prior to
    installing XP?

    Here are some links that may help.

    Description of the Windows XP Upgrade Advisor:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=307726

    Setup Stops Responding or Displays an Unrecoverable Error Message:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=811267

    Setup Stops Responding with 34 Minutes Remaining:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=828267

    --
    Regards,

    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    http://www.dts-l.org
    http://www.mvps.org

    Hi,

    Is this a clean install to a formatted drive? If so, you may want to check
    that any BIOS level antivirus is disabled, and that all hardware detection
    settings are correct (and especially jumpers). It may help to remove
    unnecessary peripherals as well.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "jbv" <jbv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have been trying to install window xp on my pc for about a week now. For
    > some reson 16 minute before theinstallation is complete it jumps back to
    > 39
    > remainning (the cicle continuous after hours) I was hoppint the
    > installation
    > will complete but it never did. I turn the computer off and turn it back
    > on
    > and the setup automatically restart with "set up will complete in
    > approximatly 39 minute). Help

Microsoft Windows XP