Google not working

friendly2011

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
Hello
My name is matt well I wonder if anyone can help me with this isshue it seams like all the kings men and all the kings horsees can't get my google back online hp tryed every thing like erace browser history,run scan for virouse, start computer in safe mode. tryed download internet exsplorer 8, Ive tryed a lot of stuff but this problem goes behond anything of my scope please help. I don't know how to back up my files so i can do a total recovery thanks

pknut

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
Interesting....especially because it is just google. First I would try to ping from the command line; ping www.google.com. While you are there at the command line, go ahead and flush and renew the dns. If that doesn't work, I'd probably try logging in with a guest account to make sure it is not associated with just your account. If that still does not work, check the firewall - if all is ok, run a through virus scan like area51 suggested.

You can also try and loading another browser like Chrome to make sure the problem is not only associated with Explorer. But even if that works, you need to make sure your computer is not infected with something.