3.0 Prescott 478
Asus P4P800SE 865PE
2x512MB DDR 3200 Kingston
eVGA 6600gt AGP
Generic 425 Watt PSU (18A on rail)
Sound Blaster 2ZS Gamer Ed.
120GB 7200 RPM Western Digital IDE HDD
2 CD-ROM Drives

I put it in and it worked fine, post and everything. But when i installed the invdia drivers (from the site directly), the new drivers messed with my system and i couldnt open control panel/display/setting without my computer crashing. So i used the drivers on the disk and everything worked fine. But then problems arose in new games. When playing KOTOR I would get tremendous lag in areas facing the sun. The lag would crash my computer and even turning settings to their lowest still crashed the system. However back when I used my 5500fx and Intel Intergrated Graphics (Extreme Graphics 2), KOTOR would work fine. IT should be noted that when i dont look at the sun (indoors) i can turn all the stuff to max and get no lag. Then came Call of Duty 2. Even with settings to near lowest (640x480 res), I still got extreme lag when playing single player. However, when i switched from playing in DirectX 9 to DirectX 7, everything was good. Again, now i could turn everything up to max (AA, AF as 1024x768). My friend who has a Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB can the game at 800x600 with med setting on DX 9 no problems. On older games such as Call of Duty 1, i can turn up stuff to max no probs. Likewise, Halo can be played at max, no problemo. I have no idea why my pc is acting so strange? Anyone know what I should do? Thx in advance.

Samsa

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
Ok, about a month ago I got a new gpu, an eVGA 6600gt AGP 128MB into my system-

3.0 Prescott 478
Asus P4P800SE 865PE
2x512MB DDR 3200 Kingston
eVGA 6600gt AGP
Generic 425 Watt PSU (18A on rail)
Sound Blaster 2ZS Gamer Ed.
120GB 7200 RPM Western Digital IDE HDD
2 CD-ROM Drives

I put it in and it worked fine, post and everything. But when i installed the invdia drivers (from the site directly), the new drivers messed with my system and i couldnt open control panel/display/setting without my computer crashing. So i used the drivers on the disk and everything worked fine. But then problems arose in new games. When playing KOTOR I would get tremendous lag in areas facing the sun. The lag would crash my computer and even turning settings to their lowest still crashed the system. However back when I used my 5500fx and Intel Intergrated Graphics (Extreme Graphics 2), KOTOR would work fine. IT should be noted that when i dont look at the sun (indoors) i can turn all the stuff to max and get no lag. Then came Call of Duty 2. Even with settings to near lowest (640x480 res), I still got extreme lag when playing single player. However, when i switched from playing in DirectX 9 to DirectX 7, everything was good. Again, now i could turn everything up to max (AA, AF as 1024x768). My friend who has a Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB can the game at 800x600 with med setting on DX 9 no problems. On older games such as Call of Duty 1, i can turn up stuff to max no probs. Likewise, Halo can be played at max, no problemo. I have no idea why my pc is acting so strange? Anyone know what I should do? Thx in advance.

Have you tried looking for drivers released by your card's manufacturer? Thats would be a good place to check.

prometheas

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2005
installed the drivers from evga but their only marginally better 800x600 at med only barely playable... and also when i click control panel/display/settings/advanced/6600gt my screen goes black... so that mean i cant oc... thx anyways...