Does NT TCPIP support NetBIOS over TCPIP or did my friend ..

Hugo

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

I set up my own home network two years ago connecting
Windows 2000 and ME. Both those systems support NetBIOS
over TCPIP (which I had by this time forgotten was
required for file/printer sharing.)

I have now recommended my friend a later version of the
same router I bought two years ago, the data sheet is here
http://213.216.192.242/products/di-614plus.pdf

She is connecting an XP laptop with an NT 4.0 SP6a
Workstation desktop.

I can't see anythíng in the router data sheet that says it
supports the NetBEUI protocol so does that mean I
recommended the wrong router if NT doesn't support NetBIOS
over TCPIP? In such case what wireless router should I
have recommended?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

I have a similar set up.
Same router, Same XP laptop.
I also have connected a windows 2k , Win98 and BSD (all different boxes).
I run print sharing and have not run into many problems.
My XP box does try to take over from time to time though.

Personally i would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling that portion of
the stacks starting from scratch and make sure all your settings are right.

I have had this set up so long i do not remember any other issues.

"Hugo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I set up my own home network two years ago connecting
Windows 2000 and ME. Both those systems support NetBIOS
over TCPIP (which I had by this time forgotten was
required for file/printer sharing.)

I have now recommended my friend a later version of the
same router I bought two years ago, the data sheet is here
http://213.216.192.242/products/di-614plus.pdf

She is connecting an XP laptop with an NT 4.0 SP6a
Workstation desktop.

I can't see anythíng in the router data sheet that says it
supports the NetBEUI protocol so does that mean I
recommended the wrong router if NT doesn't support NetBIOS
over TCPIP? In such case what wireless router should I
have recommended?

Hugo

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

I don't know what BSD is but both Windows 98 and 2000
support NetBIOS over TCPIP. My question is does NT?

> .... both Windows 98 and 2000
> support NetBIOS over TCPIP. My question is does NT?

Yes

--
rgds
DVD

David Brownridge

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

In article <a6a201c43598$8dc70cb0$a301280a@phx.gbl>,
Hugo <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>I don't know what BSD is ...

Your education is sorely lacking :)