a feq questions

FantasticSnowman

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
sorry i didnt know where to post this but since one question relates to this area i guess its ok =)

When I start up windows, my keyboard powers on and everything, however, when it prompts me to enter my password, the keyboard no longer works. Before I set up a password the keyboard wouldn't work either, I couldnt type anything in the adress bar, nothing. The keyboard is a PS2 keyboard... A USB one works perfectly find but for some reason the PS2 one doesn't and no it's not the keyboard, I tried it on my other two pcs and everything goes well..

now for the questions:

1. on the taskbar by the clock there is an icon with a green arrow that says SAFELY REMOVE HARDWARE when i put the cursor over it. I'm using an SATA drive and am wondering if thats suppose to be there, because usually thats only there when I plug in a digital camera or an outside device such as a scanner.

2. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowImage.asp?image=13-131-540-01.jpg,13-131-540-02.jpg,13-131-540-03.jpg,13-131-540-04.jpg,13-131-540-05.jpg&CurImage=13-131-540-01.jpg&Description=ASUS%20A8N-SLI%20Premium%20Socket%20939%20NVIDIA%20nForce4%20 SLI%20ATX%20AMD%20Motherboard%20-%20Retail <<< thats my mobo and as you can see there are two onboard 10/100 lan connectors. well, this is what I have in my network connections folder: http://www.spark-studios.net/other/untitled.GIF ... problem is, why does my computer only connect to the internet when I connect the cable to the lower lan plug?... I font i weird. Also why cant i delete one of the connections that im not using.

Thanks.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, the latest controllers and drivers allow you to add and remove SATA drives just like USB drives. Of course it won't let you remove Drive C:, it will just give you a message that it can't stop the device because it's in use.

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
Just a wild guess on the keyboard problem - check the BIOS for a setting something like USB legacy support. If its enabled, try disabling it or vice-versa.

2 LAN interfaces need 2 drivers. One is on the nVidia chipset, and that driver is obviously installed and working, the other needs extra drivers installed - its probably a Broadcomm, but your mobo manual should tell you that. The 1394 connection is your firewire connection and you can't delete that without uninstalling the firewire port(s).

Mike.