Unplugged cable.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

My program works in a very "hostile" environment. Users sometimes unplug
network cables. On TCP/IP level this looks like lost connection. Is it
possible to find if the cable is really unplugged?
1 answer Last reply
More about unplugged cable
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

    It is possible if you have 'Media Sense' enabled:

    'ipconfig /all' will tell you whether the cable is unplugged or not.

    On Windows XP you can also use NetConnectionStatus member of
    Win32_NetworkAdapter WMI class to check whether 'Media disconnected' is set.
    More info at:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wmisdk/wmi/win32_networkadapter.asp

    --
    Thanks,
    Tansu Dimli

    "Lev Elbert" <elbertlev@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > My program works in a very "hostile" environment. Users sometimes unplug
    > network cables. On TCP/IP level this looks like lost connection. Is it
    > possible to find if the cable is really unplugged?

TCP/IP Cable Microsoft Windows