How to set WPA-PSK security on a wireless network

Tags:
  • Wireless Network
  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
September 5, 2005 4:18:01 AM

I have read Barb Bowman's article and listened to the wecast - great stuff -
however, my D-Link 524 router (which does support WPA) doesn't have a USB
port to facilitate the method described. I'd be very grateful for any advice
on how to set WPA or WPA-PSK for my small network (PC, Laptop and router).
Cheers.
--
MR

More about : set wpa psk security wireless network

Anonymous
September 5, 2005 9:39:02 AM

Manually copy-n-paste the key between devices. Create the key, copy the key
to a .txt file (key.txt might be a good name), copy the file to your
different devices then copy the key into the configuration window.

http://www.kurtm.net/wpa-pskgen/

That's what I do with my router, laptop and an iPAQ PocketPC...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

benefit of all of us...
rights...

"mraus" <mraus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have read Barb Bowman's article and listened to the wecast - great
>stuff -
> however, my D-Link 524 router (which does support WPA) doesn't have a USB
> port to facilitate the method described. I'd be very grateful for any
> advice
> on how to set WPA or WPA-PSK for my small network (PC, Laptop and router).
> Cheers.
> --
> MR
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 4:11:04 AM

Sooner Al

Many thanks for your extremely quick advice. Has added to my learning and
will help solve my problem. The kurtm site was also extremely useful.

Again, huge thanks. Cheers, MR
--
MR

!