How can i force all the applications to use specific netwo..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Hi All,

I have two interface on my computer. I want specific applications to use one
interface and rest to use another interface. I do not have any control over
the applicaions. Can i write some driver/Module in the networking stack,
which will help me force the applications to use the specified interface.

second part of my question is, how does socket pick up the interface. If
client do not bind the socket with any local address, how does socket pick
up the local interface while using connect API, if i have more than one
interface?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards
Rajesh

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Hi Rajesh,

The decision as to which interface to use while sending a packet out is made
by IP driver based on the routing table, using the best route with best
metric if there're more than one possible route.

--
Thanks,
Tansu Dimli