Canon S750 Black Ink Streaking

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

I get quite a bit of vertical fine streaking of black (only) ink on my two
year old Canon S750. The streaking occurs only within a 2 or 3 charter-wide
area down the page, slightly left of center, below black charaters. Tried
repeated cleaning, deep cleaining, nozzle check, print head alignment, as
well as cleaning the black plastic paper path parts. Also tried switching
back to Canon OEM black ink and various papers. Any thoughts? Print head
cleaning? (never done that!), print head replacement?

Thanks,
Pete

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

For anyone that's interested, I went ahead and replaced the printhead. You
can imagine my disappointment when the streaking still continued. After a
fair amount of brooding, I decided to take one more look at the paper path.
And to my surprise, there it was - a piece of hair wrapped around a roller
wheel. With the help of a pair of tweezers and my reading glasses, My
printing is fine.

One question - can I store the new printhead without it clogging?

Thanks,
Pete

> For anyone that's interested, I went ahead and replaced the printhead. You
> can imagine my disappointment when the streaking still continued. After a
> fair amount of brooding, I decided to take one more look at the paper
> path.
> And to my surprise, there it was - a piece of hair wrapped around a roller
> wheel. With the help of a pair of tweezers and my reading glasses, My
> printing is fine.
>
> One question - can I store the new printhead without it clogging?

One thing to keep in mind when diagnosing streaks in a printed page.
Vertical are generally feed mechanism related and horizontal are generally
printhead related.

With that said, because you may not be using that new printhead for quite
some time, try flushing the new head with VERY warm distilled water till it
runs as clear as possible. If you still have it, place the orange cap on the
bottom, place in a zip lock bag and then store in a cool place. I have done
this with test heads and had them work as long as a year after placing in
storage.