Adding another subnet to the existing network

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

We are using class c network and exhaust all the 254 ip's
and wanted to add another subnet, could you please give
me the necessary guide lines, the operating system is NT
4.0 Server. Thank you

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

In article <4bdc01c473a4$2fa575a0$a501280a@phx.gbl>,
Harry Morgan <harmorg@hotmail.com> wrote:
>We are using class c network and exhaust all the 254 ip's
>and wanted to add another subnet, could you please give
>me the necessary guide lines, the operating system is NT
>4.0 Server. Thank you

The first guideline would be to consider just increasing your existing
subnet from /24 to /23.

Creating a new subnet means you'll have to figure out how to route
from one to the other (assuming your intent is to expand the existing
network and not to create a new independent one).

--
-- Rod --
rodd(at)polylogics(dot)com