Some old school athlon

hashv2f16

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
I have my 1GHz t-bird overclocked to 1380 with no volt mods or anything and it plays games solid as for hours. Around the 60-61 degree (C) mark.

however, when i want it to run cold, i try underclocking the 1gig chip down to 750mhz - to cool it a bit (with the stock voltage as i cannot change it), so why does it runs unstable when i underclock???!

thnks for yer opinions

philderbeast

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2005
rather than the drastic over clock your doing try doing a comparison between it at stock speeds first and see what it runs at.

and then i would apply the same process as overclocking and take the speed down slowly, my logic being it would be like upping the voltage to the chip more as the clock cycles decreases... possable damageing your chip (no idea if its right just guessing...)

you may find its more benicial just to run it stock rather than underclock it by 25%....

but more in oprtantly if your constatly changing the settings from overclocked to underclocked i would think human error is going to become a factor unless your going through the whole overclocking process each time...imagine putting in the wrong setting and toasting your system :)

mpjesse

Splendid
A possible explanation is the disparity between the FSB and the memory. How are you overclocking this CPU? FSB or multiplier? I take it you're also using the oh so popular lead pencil mod to OC.

-mpjesse

hashv2f16

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
FSB via easytune5 in windows (whenever i try to change the fsb in the bios it just reboots and doesn't change). and no, i havent yet done the pencil trick to unlock the multi.