Not able to connect to internet

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Good day,

I'm having a bit of trouble connecting through my VMware.

I'M running Windows NT 4.0 under my winXP pro.

I'm not able to connect to my internet connection.
I believe it is because of my TCP/Ip config.

When I Ip config in cmd prompt it gives me two Ip
addresses.

one is for my local area connection and the other is for
my network adapter VMNet1.

I gave the ip address for vmnet1 but it still won't bridge
with my local area connection.

Can someone please help me out?

Cheers!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 17:11:11 -0700, "willow"

>Good day,
>
>I'm having a bit of trouble connecting through my VMware.
>
>I'M running Windows NT 4.0 under my winXP pro.
>
>I'm not able to connect to my internet connection.
>I believe it is because of my TCP/Ip config.
>
>When I Ip config in cmd prompt it gives me two Ip
>addresses.
>
>one is for my local area connection and the other is for
>my network adapter VMNet1.
>
>I gave the ip address for vmnet1 but it still won't bridge
>with my local area connection.
>

>Can someone please help me out?
>

>Cheers!
You might want to post this in one of the VMware NG's for a better
response.

A few questions, did this ever work before? When you installed WinNT
what type of networking did you select? I think NAT works best for
most installs. Can you ping the host machine from the guest machine?

I'm sure that it's some type of configuration issue, just need some
more info to help.

Jeff

william

willow wrote:

> Good day,
>
> I'm having a bit of trouble connecting through my VMware.
>
> I'M running Windows NT 4.0 under my winXP pro.
>
> I'm not able to connect to my internet connection.
> I believe it is because of my TCP/Ip config.
>
> When I Ip config in cmd prompt it gives me two Ip
> addresses.
>
> one is for my local area connection and the other is for
> my network adapter VMNet1.
>
> I gave the ip address for vmnet1 but it still won't bridge
> with my local area connection.
>

> Can someone please help me out?
>

> Cheers!
this problem is becoming nation wide and microsoft does'nt have a clue
or will not correct this problem when the address appear ipconfig will
not work.

pat

Expert

William <jwed@swbell.net> wrote in message news:<aEm_c.16870$Bb5.5164@newssvr22.news.prodigy.com>...
> willow wrote:
>
> > Good day,
> >
> > I'm having a bit of trouble connecting through my VMware.
> >
> > I'M running Windows NT 4.0 under my winXP pro.
> >
> > I'm not able to connect to my internet connection.
> > I believe it is because of my TCP/Ip config.
> >
> > When I Ip config in cmd prompt it gives me two Ip
> > addresses.
> >
> > one is for my local area connection and the other is for
> > my network adapter VMNet1.
> >
> > I gave the ip address for vmnet1 but it still won't bridge
> > with my local area connection.
> >

> > Can someone please help me out?
> >

> > Cheers!
> this problem is becoming nation wide and microsoft does'nt have a clue
> or will not correct this problem when the address appear ipconfig will
> not work.

William:

If you would answer the questions we ask, we might be able to help you

TRENDING THREADS