Color LaserJet 4500

I've an HP Color LaserJet 4500, that has started shadowing type on the
paper. Looks likt the toner is not being fused properly. Is this a user
repair or do I have to find a printer repair type?

SE Flemming

Clark

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

Check your owners manual, they have pictures of printing problems. Is it
printing vertical lines down the page? It is most likely a user repairable
fix, but you have to determine what needs to be replaced. There are 7
components that can be replaced and the cost between $90-$220 each.

There is also a large trouble shooting guide on the HP site and also a user
group. There was someone just recently that had a problem that might sound
like yours. I don't know if they found a solution.

Clark