Unable to add TCP/IP protocol

Brent

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

I am attempting to add a TCP/IP protocol.

1) I loaded the adapter

2) In the Network dialog I click on the Protocols tab. The Network
Protocols list box is empty. I select "Add..." (the only enabled button),
I then select TCP/IP protocol and click OK. The following message appears:

"TCP/IP Protocol ver 4.0 already exists on the system. Please use [Update]
to update the software."

Since Update is not an enabled button and the network protocols list is
empty, I'm not sure what to do.

thanks,
Brent

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Un-install/install ?
Arkady

"Brent" <brent.lund@state.mn.us> wrote in message
> I am attempting to add a TCP/IP protocol.
>
> 1) I loaded the adapter
>
> 2) In the Network dialog I click on the Protocols tab. The Network
> Protocols list box is empty. I select "Add..." (the only enabled
button),
> I then select TCP/IP protocol and click OK. The following message
appears:

> "TCP/IP Protocol ver 4.0 already exists on the system. Please use
[Update]
> to update the software."
>
> Since Update is not an enabled button and the network protocols list is
> empty, I'm not sure what to do.
>
> thanks,
> Brent

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Brent did you get this resolved?
I am having the same problem with an NT4 server.
I went thru the process of removing all the TCP/ip registry entries
reload TCP/IP and I still can't see it

In article <cfg9ms$hgu$1@news.state.mn.us>, you say...

--
jerry