Monitor goes blank after installing GeForce2 MX 400 AGP

zulowen

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
Hi there,

I got this big problem. And i hope u can help me solve the problem. I'm realy in desperate of wanting to solve this problem,and i hope u help me.
Thanks

My CPU: Intel Celeron 1.7ghz, Sis650GL (Matsonic),AGP 4x 266Mhz,
Onboard VGA SiS 650 Rev 00.
Monitor: Viewsonic VA702

I have just bought a Inno3D Tornado GeForce2 MX400 AGP 4x 64MB. But when i install it,and switch on my computer, my monitor goes blank and doesnt come out anything. I heard i must disable my onboard VGA and remove from the motherboard.I've tried but it still not working.

In the BIOS Setup, i change the Primary Graphics Adapter to AGP and also disable the Allocate IRQ to PCI VGA, but its still not working. :(

I'm really sad cause i've been wanting to install my new graphic card, but it doesnt work. Pls help me. Thanks.

Finny

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
Hi there,

I got this big problem. And i hope u can help me solve the problem. I'm realy in desperate of wanting to solve this problem,and i hope u help me.
Thanks

My CPU: Intel Celeron 1.7ghz, Sis650GL (Matsonic),AGP 4x 266Mhz,
Onboard VGA SiS 650 Rev 00.
Monitor: Viewsonic VA702

I have just bought a Inno3D Tornado GeForce2 MX400 AGP 4x 64MB. But when i install it,and switch on my computer, my monitor goes blank and doesnt come out anything. I heard i must disable my onboard VGA and remove from the motherboard.I've tried but it still not working.

In the BIOS Setup, i change the Primary Graphics Adapter to AGP and also disable the Allocate IRQ to PCI VGA, but its still not working. :(

I'm really sad cause i've been wanting to install my new graphic card, but it doesnt work. Pls help me. Thanks.

maybe a faulty card man but if u do get it working in bois but not in windows go into the advanded controll panel (hold down f8 while computer is booting) and select Enable Vga Mode thats what fixed my black screen in windows

lakedude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Have you tried the monitor in both spots? One should be dead and the other hot. I doubt you have two dead vga connectors with the agp card plugged in.

linux_0

Splendid
Your manual should be on this page:

http://www.matsonic.com/new/downloaddata/manual_sis.htm#ms9327e

I searched through the PDF for the MS9327E but did not see a "disable onboard VGA" jumper in the manual however that does not mean one does not exist. I also did not find a "disable onboard VGA" setting in the BIOS either.

You might want to try flashing the BIOS to the latest version and see if that adds that option.

You may also want to check all BIOS settings to see if there is anything that might have anything to do with the VGA.

The onboard VGA built-into the SiS chipset is actually AGP so changing the setting in the BIOS to AGP isn't going to help because the onboard AGP adapter will probably get the IRQ first.

zulowen

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
What must i do to try flashing the BIOS to the latest version? Is it download somewhere ard the internet?

By the way, the "disable onboard VGA" i did not disable in the BIOS. I disable it at My Computer>Properties>Hardware>Device Manager

I disable it at the Display Adapters.

zulowen

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
Have you tried the monitor in both spots? One should be dead and the other hot. I doubt you have two dead vga connectors with the agp card plugged in.

I dont think i have two dead vga connectors. My onboard vga is perfectly ok. It works. Only when i plug my monitor cable to the Graphic Card, my screen goes blank. Y is this so? Wat should i do to install this graphic card properly?

linux_0

Splendid
Go here:

http://www.matsonic.com/new/download_sis.htm#

Select your motherboard from the Socket 478 Intel P4 drop down menu.

Download the BIOS image for your exact revision of the board.

Based on what I know about your board it would probably be one of these but make sure you check to make sure it is the correct version!

http://www.matsonic.com/new/downloaddata/bios_ss478a.htm#ms9327e_d

You also need the FLASH utility from here: http://59.124.99.50/utility/aminf340.zip

Then follow the instructions that came with the BIOS.

Typically you have to make a DOS bootdisk copy the BIOS image and the FLASH utility to it boot from it and then run the flash utility. Do not interrupt your computer while the BIOS is being flashed if the computer crashes or loses power your BIOS could be in an inconsistent state and your board will no longer work.

Good luck

godmodder

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2005
The VGA ports of the GF2 are not hot swapable!!!
if you removed the connector from the port while it was on you damaged the card for sure. I did it with mine too.