Paper jam

I've had a Paper jam error with my Epson Stylus C40UX for the last few days.

Pressing the paper button does nothing.

Using the SSC Service Utility I get 'This function isn't supported in this
printer state'.

I switch on, green light flashes 11 times, head moves to the exchange
position then both lights are on.

I get the Paper jam error with the epson status monitor
I get 'Press the Maintenance button on the printer or click the Eject button
when it appears on the screen. Remove any remaining jammed paper by hand.'

I think the paper feed may be damaged, unless there is paper jammed
somewhere, I'll open it later and have a look.

Two new cartridges are inserted.

Any ideas?

TIA
2 answers Last reply
More about paper

    "Dean Ratcliffe" <dean@ratcliffe.worldonline.co.uk> wrote in message
    > I've had a Paper jam error with my Epson Stylus C40UX for the last few
    days.

    > I think the paper feed may be damaged, unless there is paper jammed
    > somewhere, I'll open it later and have a look.

    Paper fluf in a sensor?

    Make sure there aren't any paper scraps stuck anywhere, or that the
    paper sensor hasn't been moved out of place or damaged.

    If that doesn't show anything, remove the printer from the computer
    interface and see if it does the same thing. It could be a corrupted
    driver if it seems OK when disconnected from the computer.

    There is a possibility the printer is indicating the waste ink pads are
    full. I do not have the codes for this printer, unfortunately.

    Art

    Dean Ratcliffe wrote:

    > I've had a Paper jam error with my Epson Stylus C40UX for the last few days.
    >
    > Pressing the paper button does nothing.
    >
    > Using the SSC Service Utility I get 'This function isn't supported in this
    > printer state'.
    >
    > I switch on, green light flashes 11 times, head moves to the exchange
    > position then both lights are on.
    >
    > I get the Paper jam error with the epson status monitor
    > I get 'Press the Maintenance button on the printer or click the Eject button
    > when it appears on the screen. Remove any remaining jammed paper by hand.'
    >
    > I think the paper feed may be damaged, unless there is paper jammed
    > somewhere, I'll open it later and have a look.
    >
    > Two new cartridges are inserted.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > TIA

Printers Light Epson Peripherals