Paper jam

I've had a Paper jam error with my Epson Stylus C40UX for the last few days.

Pressing the paper button does nothing.

Using the SSC Service Utility I get 'This function isn't supported in this
printer state'.

I switch on, green light flashes 11 times, head moves to the exchange
position then both lights are on.

I get the Paper jam error with the epson status monitor
I get 'Press the Maintenance button on the printer or click the Eject button
when it appears on the screen. Remove any remaining jammed paper by hand.'

I think the paper feed may be damaged, unless there is paper jammed
somewhere, I'll open it later and have a look.

Two new cartridges are inserted.

Any ideas?

TIA

"Dean Ratcliffe" <dean@ratcliffe.worldonline.co.uk> wrote in message
> I've had a Paper jam error with my Epson Stylus C40UX for the last few
days.

> I think the paper feed may be damaged, unless there is paper jammed
> somewhere, I'll open it later and have a look.

Paper fluf in a sensor?

Make sure there aren't any paper scraps stuck anywhere, or that the
paper sensor hasn't been moved out of place or damaged.

If that doesn't show anything, remove the printer from the computer
interface and see if it does the same thing. It could be a corrupted
driver if it seems OK when disconnected from the computer.

There is a possibility the printer is indicating the waste ink pads are
full. I do not have the codes for this printer, unfortunately.

Art