not able to install IE6 sp1 on home edition

Downloaded IE6 sp1. When use icon to install it says a newer version is
stalled and not able to continue. Start-programs has no IE. Add/removed has
IE Q867801 size is blank and Outlook Express Q823353 size is blank. Have
been using MSN.
Thanks, Nibor

nobody

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003

Do you have the Internet Explorere (E) icon on your desktop? Click that and
it should open your browser, or is the (E) icon in your quick launch toolbar
located in the task bar? Click it there & open your browser. To show the
quick launch toolbar right-click the taskbar> go to toolbars > check quick
launch.

"nibor" <nibor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Downloaded IE6 sp1. When use icon to install it says a newer version is
> stalled and not able to continue. Start-programs has no IE. Add/removed
has
> IE Q867801 size is blank and Outlook Express Q823353 size is blank. Have
> been using MSN.
> Thanks, Nibor

No IE or Outlook Express anywhere- except in add/remove as described below.
Thanks, Nibor

"No@Spam" wrote:

> Do you have the Internet Explorere (E) icon on your desktop? Click that and
> it should open your browser, or is the (E) icon in your quick launch toolbar
> located in the task bar? Click it there & open your browser. To show the
> quick launch toolbar right-click the taskbar> go to toolbars > check quick
> launch.
>
> "nibor" <nibor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Downloaded IE6 sp1. When use icon to install it says a newer version is
> > stalled and not able to continue. Start-programs has no IE. Add/removed
> has
> > IE Q867801 size is blank and Outlook Express Q823353 size is blank. Have
> > been using MSN.
> > Thanks, Nibor

Ie6 is listed in ADD/Remove windows components.(find it
on left side of add/remove programs. This does not remove
IE6, just the shortcut icons. Purhaps you just need to
check the boxes here, to return your icons. Kelly's
method to reinstall ie6 works well, as I have tryed it
succesfully.

Kelly's corner:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_ie.htm
Reinstall IE6 in windowsXP

nobody

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003

Did you check your Desktop Settings? Control Panel>Display>Desktop Tab,
click customize desktop, under desktop icons, place a check next to
Internet Explorer> apply ok.