not able to install IE6 sp1 on home edition

Downloaded IE6 sp1. When use icon to install it says a newer version is
stalled and not able to continue. Start-programs has no IE. Add/removed has
IE Q867801 size is blank and Outlook Express Q823353 size is blank. Have
been using MSN.
Thanks, Nibor
4 answers Last reply
More about install home edition

    Do you have the Internet Explorere (E) icon on your desktop? Click that and
    it should open your browser, or is the (E) icon in your quick launch toolbar
    located in the task bar? Click it there & open your browser. To show the
    quick launch toolbar right-click the taskbar> go to toolbars > check quick
    launch.

    "nibor" <nibor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Downloaded IE6 sp1. When use icon to install it says a newer version is
    > stalled and not able to continue. Start-programs has no IE. Add/removed
    has
    > IE Q867801 size is blank and Outlook Express Q823353 size is blank. Have
    > been using MSN.
    > Thanks, Nibor

    No IE or Outlook Express anywhere- except in add/remove as described below.
    Thanks, Nibor

    "No@Spam" wrote:

    > Do you have the Internet Explorere (E) icon on your desktop? Click that and
    > it should open your browser, or is the (E) icon in your quick launch toolbar
    > located in the task bar? Click it there & open your browser. To show the
    > quick launch toolbar right-click the taskbar> go to toolbars > check quick
    > launch.
    >
    > "nibor" <nibor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Downloaded IE6 sp1. When use icon to install it says a newer version is
    > > stalled and not able to continue. Start-programs has no IE. Add/removed
    > has
    > > IE Q867801 size is blank and Outlook Express Q823353 size is blank. Have
    > > been using MSN.
    > > Thanks, Nibor

    Ie6 is listed in ADD/Remove windows components.(find it
    on left side of add/remove programs. This does not remove
    IE6, just the shortcut icons. Purhaps you just need to
    check the boxes here, to return your icons. Kelly's
    method to reinstall ie6 works well, as I have tryed it
    succesfully.

    Kelly's corner:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_ie.htm
    Reinstall IE6 in windowsXP

    Did you check your Desktop Settings? Control Panel>Display>Desktop Tab,
    click customize desktop, under desktop icons, place a check next to
    Internet Explorer> apply ok.

    > No IE or Outlook Express anywhere- except in add/remove as described
    below.
    > Thanks, Nibor
    >
    > "No@Spam" wrote:
    >
    > > Do you have the Internet Explorere (E) icon on your desktop? Click that
    and
    > > it should open your browser, or is the (E) icon in your quick launch
    toolbar
    > > located in the task bar? Click it there & open your browser. To show
    the
    > > quick launch toolbar right-click the taskbar> go to toolbars > check
    quick
    > > launch.
    > >
    > > "nibor" <nibor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Downloaded IE6 sp1. When use icon to install it says a newer version
    is
    > > > stalled and not able to continue. Start-programs has no IE.
    Add/removed
    > > has
    > > > IE Q867801 size is blank and Outlook Express Q823353 size is blank.
    Have
    > > > been using MSN.
    > > > Thanks, Nibor

Internet Explorer IE6 Windows XP