HELP - This even has the microsoft boys stumped!!!!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Hey guys/gals

I have a Windows NT 4.0 server and a Windows 2000 client.
the IP of the client is 192.160.0.1 (Proxy server) and
the Server is 192.169.0.100 (Domain Server).

The Windows 2000 client can see the whole network and
ping any computer on it. The Server can see every other
computer on the network other than the proxy.

No other computer on the network can see the proxy.

What really has me stumped is I can see the proxy in
network neighbourhood on all machines AND BROWSE THE
FILESYSTEM, however still cannot ping it, therefore
tcp/ip networking for this machine is somewhat rooted,
and it is useless as a proxy without this functionality.

Subnet mas is 255.255.255.0 on all machines on the
network including the proxy.

WHAT IS REFUSING THE CONNECTION!!!!????? I have been in a
3m x 3m room with these machines for over 8 hours now and
am going a little loopy, so if you could answer quickly
peoples, I would really appreciate it....... :)

Thanx

Cameron Holmes

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Is that a typo on your IP addresses?

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+