Followup Runtime Error Message

Bonnie

I posted a question a few days ago saying I was trying to
access a school district site for my daughter's schedule
and grades but kept getting the message "runtime error
800a01a8 object required/parent connect/logincheck.asp,
line 24."

I got a response saying the error originated in the
school's website and there wasn't anything I could do
from my computer. I forwarded that response to the
district which runs the site, but they say since I can
access my account from my husband's computer and since
the school can access my account using my password, it
must be my computer that's at fault.

I've tried using disk clean-up, but I have no idea what
else to do. Any more ideas?

Thanks so much for any help you can give.

Hi Bonnie,

So what have you tried? Have you deleted the Temporary Internet Files yet?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Bonnie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I posted a question a few days ago saying I was trying to
> access a school district site for my daughter's schedule
> and grades but kept getting the message "runtime error
> 800a01a8 object required/parent connect/logincheck.asp,
> line 24."
>
> I got a response saying the error originated in the
> school's website and there wasn't anything I could do
> from my computer. I forwarded that response to the
> district which runs the site, but they say since I can
> access my account from my husband's computer and since
> the school can access my account using my password, it
> must be my computer that's at fault.
>
> I've tried using disk clean-up, but I have no idea what
> else to do. Any more ideas?
>
> Thanks so much for any help you can give.

Yes, I deleted the Temporary Internet Files. I also
defragmented the disk and ran disk cleanup.

Hi Bonnie,

Cookies as well?
Does this system have trouble accessing any other sites?
Check the Control Panel/Internet Options/Advanced, do you have script
debugging enabled? Try disabling it.

--

> Yes, I deleted the Temporary Internet Files. I also
> defragmented the disk and ran disk cleanup.

Bonnie

Okay, tried deleting cookies, then enabling cookies.
When I started having trouble, I went to the advanced
internet option screen and saw that script debugging was
disabled, so I tried enabling it. Then I went back to
disabling it. I still get the same error message when
trying to access the site.

As for other sites, I generally have no problem, with one
exception. There's another site I haven't been able to
access which also requires a PIN and password, but I
don't get any error message there. I just get bounced
back to the sign in screen. With other sites, however,
there is no problem.

Hi Bonnie,

HOW TO: Troubleshoot Situations Where You Cannot Complete MSN Sign-up or
Connect to SSL Secured (128-Bit) Web Sites by Using Internet Explorer in
Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813444

You might try the steps here.

--

> Okay, tried deleting cookies, then enabling cookies.
> When I started having trouble, I went to the advanced
> internet option screen and saw that script debugging was
> disabled, so I tried enabling it. Then I went back to
> disabling it. I still get the same error message when
> trying to access the site.
>
> As for other sites, I generally have no problem, with one
> exception. There's another site I haven't been able to
> access which also requires a PIN and password, but I
> don't get any error message there. I just get bounced
> back to the sign in screen. With other sites, however,
> there is no problem.

Bonnie

Thanks so much! It finally worked when I cleared the SSL
state and auto complete history.