I CAN'T INSTALL S.A.T.A. DRIVERS ON SETUP. BROKEN FLOPPY!

METAL

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2004
HEY, I JUST PURCHASED MY SATA RAPTOR HARD DRIVES AND I FINALLY WAS ABOUT TO R.A.I.D. PROPERLY. I AM TRYING TO INSTALL WINDOWS MEDIA EDITION BUT I CAN'T GET PASSED THE SETUP. I HAVE TO INSTALL THE R.A.I.D. DRIVERS FOR THE HARDWARE BUT MY FLOPPY DRIVE DOSEN'T WORK AT ALL. IT'S COMPLETLY USELESS. I REALLY DON'T WANT TO SPEND 30 DOLLARS FOR A NEW ONE. JUST INQUIRING IF I CAN GET AROUND THIS AND NOT HAVE TO BUY A NEW DRIVE. IT CAME TO ME THAT MAYBE I CAN USE A FLOPPY EMULATOR DRIVE OR SOMETHING SO I CAN MOUNT THE FILES AND BURN THEM TO DISK. I CAN'T UNZIP ANY OF THE DRIVES FROM THE PROGRAM THAT I DOWNLOADED UNLESS IF I HAVE A FLOPPY DRIVE.

MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE GA-8GPNXP DUO.

pscowboy

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
Please turn off your capslock; it looks like you're shouting at us!!!

Go to one of your friends', and BORROW a working floppy so you can install the drivers at F6.

METAL

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2004
I can't borrow a floppy from my "friends". Reasons are they can't tell shit from shine. I reformat almost every week and I want to keep on asking. In New York pizza costs $2.50 so it really is $25.00 to $30.00 I wish i can order it online but it will take forever.

TC10284

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2001

JoeTechie

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
Depending on the MB - a USB stick will sometimes be allowed as a drive, and XP setup will find it. I've done it a few times.

Very hit and miss though for support, but worth a shot - everyone has a USB thumb drive... hell, I get them free in the mail w/ software demos all the time.

-Joe

_WW_

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
Depending on the MB - a USB stick will sometimes be allowed as a drive, and XP setup will find it. I've done it a few times.

Very hit and miss though for support, but worth a shot - everyone has a USB thumb drive... hell, I get them free in the mail w/ software demos all the time.

-Joe

Where do I sign up for that gig?

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Or Better yet. "SlipStream" a CD OS install with any service packs and the SATA drivers already on it. Plus you can teak the OS and remove junk you don't want before installing.

I know you can do this for regular OS like 2000 or XP but I'm not sure about media center. Not familiar with that.