Loopback adapter

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Dear all.
I have one question for you regarding network configuration of a
multiple NIC pc. I am writing a simple troughput test program for
network devices and I need to send traffic from one NIC and receive it
from the other. The problem is that windows refuses to send traffic
"outside" the PC when it recognizes an address as local, so all the
traffic from NIC1 IP address is routed directly to NIC2 trough the MS
Loopbak adapter. I have not been able to delete the routes that are
using 127.0.0.1 in the roting table, as the "route delete" command
returns an error (route does not exists) when I try to delete the
local loops.
Do you have any idea on how to solve this issue?
Thanks an regards,
Andrea
1 answer Last reply
More about loopback adapter
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

    Try to uninstall loopback adapter , but that in the case you installed it
    before , check "loop" key under
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\
    Arkady

    "Djsqualo" <andreapozzi@tin.it> wrote in message
    > Dear all.
    > I have one question for you regarding network configuration of a
    > multiple NIC pc. I am writing a simple troughput test program for
    > network devices and I need to send traffic from one NIC and receive it
    > from the other. The problem is that windows refuses to send traffic
    > "outside" the PC when it recognizes an address as local, so all the
    > traffic from NIC1 IP address is routed directly to NIC2 trough the MS
    > Loopbak adapter. I have not been able to delete the routes that are
    > using 127.0.0.1 in the roting table, as the "route delete" command
    > returns an error (route does not exists) when I try to delete the
    > local loops.
    > Do you have any idea on how to solve this issue?
    > Thanks an regards,
    > Andrea

Network Configuration Windows