TcpDelAckTicks and NT4

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Everyone,

I am trying to set the TcpDelAckTicks value on a WinNT4 SP4 machine.
Adjusting it has no affect. Is this setting recognized by NT?

I have set it on Win2k SP6 and get the desired results. But the place I
need to use this is on a WinNT4 box.

Here are the details of how I was setting the TcpDelAckTicks key.

To configure the interval timeout in WinNT SP4 (Go to the Services-key and
do a search for "TCPIP" to find the different adapters using TCPIP):
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SYSTEM \CurrentControlSet \Services \{Adapter-Name}
\Parameters \Tcpip]
TcpDelAckTicks = 1 (Default=2, 0=Sent ACK for every packet, 1-6 = 100-600 ms)

Thanks in Advance
Charles

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

That described in
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q311833&SD=MSKB
so maybe only NT SP6 or 6a ( the last ) have it
Arkady

"choeppner" <choeppner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Everyone,
>
> I am trying to set the TcpDelAckTicks value on a WinNT4 SP4 machine.
> Adjusting it has no affect. Is this setting recognized by NT?
>
> I have set it on Win2k SP6 and get the desired results. But the place I
> need to use this is on a WinNT4 box.
>
> Here are the details of how I was setting the TcpDelAckTicks key.
>
> To configure the interval timeout in WinNT SP4 (Go to the Services-key and
> do a search for "TCPIP" to find the different adapters using TCPIP):
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SYSTEM \CurrentControlSet \Services \{Adapter-Name}
> \Parameters \Tcpip]
> TcpDelAckTicks = 1 (Default=2, 0=Sent ACK for every packet, 1-6 = 100-600
ms)

> Thanks in Advance
> Charles

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Yes, I have read that one, but it refers to Windows 2000.

I have the latest SP for NT4 (sp6) and the TcpDelAckTicks setting appears to
not have any effect.

Does anyone know if this is 'not' supported?

TIA
Charles

"Arkady Frenkel" wrote:

> That described in
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q311833&SD=MSKB
> so maybe only NT SP6 or 6a ( the last ) have it
> Arkady
>
> "choeppner" <choeppner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Everyone,
> >
> > I am trying to set the TcpDelAckTicks value on a WinNT4 SP4 machine.
> > Adjusting it has no affect. Is this setting recognized by NT?
> >
> > I have set it on Win2k SP6 and get the desired results. But the place I
> > need to use this is on a WinNT4 box.
> >
> > Here are the details of how I was setting the TcpDelAckTicks key.
> >
> > To configure the interval timeout in WinNT SP4 (Go to the Services-key and
> > do a search for "TCPIP" to find the different adapters using TCPIP):
> > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SYSTEM \CurrentControlSet \Services \{Adapter-Name}
> > \Parameters \Tcpip]
> > TcpDelAckTicks = 1 (Default=2, 0=Sent ACK for every packet, 1-6 = 100-600
> ms)
> >
> > Thanks in Advance
> > Charles

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

JFYI , the latest was 6a

> Yes, I have read that one, but it refers to Windows 2000.
>
> I have the latest SP for NT4 (sp6) and the TcpDelAckTicks setting appears
> not have any effect.
>
> Does anyone know if this is 'not' supported?
>
> TIA
> Charles
>

> "Arkady Frenkel" wrote:
>
> > That described in
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q311833&SD=MSKB
> > so maybe only NT SP6 or 6a ( the last ) have it
> > Arkady
> >
> > "choeppner" <choeppner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Everyone,
> > >
> > > I am trying to set the TcpDelAckTicks value on a WinNT4 SP4 machine.
> > > Adjusting it has no affect. Is this setting recognized by NT?
> > >
> > > I have set it on Win2k SP6 and get the desired results. But the place
> > > need to use this is on a WinNT4 box.
> > >
> > > Here are the details of how I was setting the TcpDelAckTicks key.
> > >
> > > To configure the interval timeout in WinNT SP4 (Go to the Services-key
and
> > > do a search for "TCPIP" to find the different adapters using TCPIP):
> > > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SYSTEM \CurrentControlSet \Services
\{Adapter-Name}
> > > \Parameters \Tcpip]
> > > TcpDelAckTicks = 1 (Default=2, 0=Sent ACK for every packet, 1-6 =
100-600
> > ms)
> > >
> > > Thanks in Advance
> > > Charles

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Right, With the latest service packs and patches from Microsoft installed,
The question still stands...

Is the TcpDelAckTicks registry setting recognized by WinNT 4?

There are a few 'third party' tech/tip sites that indicate that you can
adjust the delay. However, the Microsoft site in an older document indicates
that it is not adjustable.

Does anyone know the real answer?

Charles