instrument checkride problems

I've been trying to pass the instrument checkride. I have the chart and
the instructions printed out and things are just not matching up.

For example, following the go around FS complains if I don't maintain
500 FPM climb. The instructions indicate I should climb to 2100 ft, but
it will continue to "ask" for a 500 FPM climb well past 2100 ft.

Has anyone else seen trouble with this checkride?

Thanks,

Gary

Gary Emerson wrote:
> I've been trying to pass the instrument checkride. I have the chart and
> the instructions printed out and things are just not matching up.
>
> For example, following the go around FS complains if I don't maintain
> 500 FPM climb. The instructions indicate I should climb to 2100 ft, but
> it will continue to "ask" for a 500 FPM climb well past 2100 ft.
>
> Has anyone else seen trouble with this checkride?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gary

Yep, and I've given up on it. The instructor keeps complaining that I'm
flying below the minimum altitudes for each part of the approach to the
first airfield, but I absolutely swear to god I am *not*. I've also
noticed other bugs, like in one of the commercial pilot lessons Rod is
trying to get me to land at an airfield that's 5 miles away. Of course,
if I try to actually fly over to it, I fail the mission for not staying
on the set heading...

I've taken to flying the lessons (when possible) and just not bothering
with checkrides.

Huw

"Gary Emerson" <emerson_gary@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've been trying to pass the instrument checkride. I have the chart and
> the instructions printed out and things are just not matching up.
>
> For example, following the go around FS complains if I don't maintain
> 500 FPM climb. The instructions indicate I should climb to 2100 ft, but
> it will continue to "ask" for a 500 FPM climb well past 2100 ft.
>
> Has anyone else seen trouble with this checkride?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gary

I can't even make it that far. Flying the 338 deg. course never works. I
always end up way off to the side of it even if the I stay perfectly on the
radial. Also I noticed the scale on the VOR indicator isn't even accurate.
You can be perfectly on 330 say, and it would take 11 clicks to get to what
looks like 340 (just an example; not necessarily for those particular
numbers). But I'm always off course more than one degree anyway. I wonder
if you noticed this too?

J wrote:
> "Gary Emerson" <emerson_gary@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>I've been trying to pass the instrument checkride. I have the chart and
>>the instructions printed out and things are just not matching up.
>>
>>For example, following the go around FS complains if I don't maintain
>>500 FPM climb. The instructions indicate I should climb to 2100 ft, but
>> it will continue to "ask" for a 500 FPM climb well past 2100 ft.
>>
>>Has anyone else seen trouble with this checkride?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Gary
>

> I can't even make it that far. Flying the 338 deg. course never works. I
> always end up way off to the side of it even if the I stay perfectly on the
> radial. Also I noticed the scale on the VOR indicator isn't even accurate.
> You can be perfectly on 330 say, and it would take 11 clicks to get to what
> looks like 340 (just an example; not necessarily for those particular
> numbers). But I'm always off course more than one degree anyway. I wonder
> if you noticed this too?

There's wind in that checkride, that's what's blowing you off course.
What annoys me is when the instructor gives you a yelling for straying
from the assigned heading, even though you're doing it to get back on
course.

Huw

"Huw Roberts" <f@ke.com> wrote in message
> J wrote:
> > "Gary Emerson" <emerson_gary@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>I've been trying to pass the instrument checkride. I have the chart and
> >>the instructions printed out and things are just not matching up.
> >>
> >>For example, following the go around FS complains if I don't maintain
> >>500 FPM climb. The instructions indicate I should climb to 2100 ft, but
> >> it will continue to "ask" for a 500 FPM climb well past 2100 ft.
> >>
> >>Has anyone else seen trouble with this checkride?
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >>
> >>Gary
> >

> > I can't even make it that far. Flying the 338 deg. course never works.
> > always end up way off to the side of it even if the I stay perfectly on
the
> > radial. Also I noticed the scale on the VOR indicator isn't even
accurate.
> > You can be perfectly on 330 say, and it would take 11 clicks to get to
what
> > looks like 340 (just an example; not necessarily for those particular
> > numbers). But I'm always off course more than one degree anyway. I
wonder
> > if you noticed this too?
> >

> There's wind in that checkride, that's what's blowing you off course.
> What annoys me is when the instructor gives you a yelling for straying
> from the assigned heading, even though you're doing it to get back on
> course.

Yeah I know it's not too smart. As for the wind, I'm keeping the needle
centered the whole way! I'm on course flying, but clearly off course on the
map upon exiting.