Wierd Problem

Last response: in Wireless Networking
September 5, 2005 9:34:59 PM

I have a Linksys Wireless-B Router conected to a cable modem and four Win XP
computers on the network.

The problem is, after long periods of time the router will "disconnect" from
the internet, and none of the computers will be able to browse the internet,
or the network. during this time, the router and modem are both on, and on
the computers, it is apperantly connected to the network, but cannot do any
of the things i mentioned before. when this happens, i have to unplug the
modem and the router, wait around 45 seconds and then plug them back in,
then is everything is back to normal.

Is there any way to keep this from happening? When i had the modem plugged
into the wall and the router into the surge protecter, this problem didnt
exist, now they are both in the surge protector. i am trying to keep from
plugging the modem into the wall again, b/c there have been a lot of
lightning storms and some people i know have lost their modems, because of
surges.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

More about : wierd problem

September 6, 2005 8:31:08 AM

If you are using PPPoE, the connection to the ISP will renew every so
often. The router has to be set to renew also using the Keep Alive option.

Clark

!