7800 GTX display problems

ckayahan

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
Hi,

I bought ASUS 7800 GTX TOP edition and I do have the very same problem, whenever and whichever latest 3D game I play, I experience what I can call a display corruption (almost like static, these gray dots or lines flcikering for a second and randomly appearing all over the place.). I did send my card back and the technician deemed is as working and fine (which is bs I can tell you) but I still have the same problem. I did install the latest drivers and such but nope it is still there. I also realized that it helps things little bit when I turn off FSAA. Moreover, it starts doing this 30 secs into the gameplay which makes me wonder if it is heat related issue?? But then again my card has even an a better cooler (artic) over the mainstream 7800 models, besides the temperature is usually around 70C during the games.

Here are my specs:

Mobo: ASUS A8N-E
*Motherboard Revision : 2.xx
*Motherboard BIOS Revision : 1006-002

AMD 4000 XP CPU

OCZ 2x512MB : PC 3200 ELDCPE-K DDR-SDRAM

ASUS Extreme 7800 GTX TOP Edition VGA card

Audigy 2 Sound Card

SeaGate 120 Gb and 160 GB Harddisks

ATI TV WOnder PRO

Enermax All in One 565P-VE Power Supply.

Plextor 716 DVD RW

HP 740 DVD-RW

Sony 52/32/52 CD-RW

Thanks in advance

LJ

ckayahan

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
Ok here is the new update, when I turn of the FSAA, the problems gets almost (flickering and static 95% reduced) resolved but still at odd times this gray dotted line appear and disappear at the middle of the screen. The gameplay is smooth and the graphics look awesome (at half life 2 - lost coast for example) apart from teh nuisance greyish static. Hope this helps...

Burc