how to print *.pdf file in large typeface

some *.pdf file's word size is too small
to read . how can we print it in large word size?
5 answers Last reply
More about print file large typeface

    "mrW" <wu80@tom.com> wrote in message news:cl8fm7$ijm$1@mail.cn99.com...

    > some *.pdf file's word size is too small
    > to read . how can we print it in large word size?

    We need to know first what application you
    use to print PDFs. Adobe Reader v.6 allows
    for some adjustment print configuration.

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs

    "mrW" <wu80@tom.com> wrote in message news:<cl8fm7$ijm$1@mail.cn99.com>...
    > some *.pdf file's word size is too small
    > to read . how can we print it in large word size?

    With Acrobat reader you can select "fit to page" on the printing
    dialog, if the page of the document is smaller than your actual
    printer's page size, it will be enlarged.
    Otherwise, you need to manipulate the PDF, for which you need tools,
    such as Acrobat, which is not free. (Or use a photocopier and
    enlarge.)

    If you just want to read fairly plain text, copy and paste from the
    PDF to your word processing app.

    If you have a long document, change the view to "continuous" and with
    the text select tool, do control A, which will select all the text in
    the document. Note there are different selection tools -- if you have
    words in columns, use the Area Select tool (on the flyout menu for
    Selection, the "T" icon).

    Don Phillipson wrote:

    > "mrW" <wu80@tom.com> wrote in message news:cl8fm7$ijm$1@mail.cn99.com...
    >

    >>some *.pdf file's word size is too small
    >>to read . how can we print it in large word size?
    >

    > We need to know first what application you
    > use to print PDFs. Adobe Reader v.6 allows
    > for some adjustment print configuration.

    Don't forget that the layout of each page of your pdf file was
    determined when the file was created. So if you could enlarge the text
    the information in the document is not going to reflow the way it would
    in a word processor. It would just cause things to overflow a page, or
    it wold require a bigger page size.

    That being said, your printer driver may have the ability to scale the
    information that it is printing. Choose File > Print in Acrobat Reader,
    then choose printer properties. That will popup a screen from your
    printer driver. See if it will let you scale the output to a larger
    size. If it has a print preview function it would be a good idea to
    select that too. If the pages in your document are smaller than the
    paper size in your printer you should be able to scale up to the paper
    size. If the document page sizes are already the same as your actual
    paper, then of course you are going to overflow the paper for every page
    in your document. You should get a message telling you that you are
    trying to print something larger than your paper size. Your printer
    driver may have a way to handle large pages and print them across
    several sheets of paper.

    Bernie

    o,I use Adobe Reader v.6
    and printer is hp lj 1000

    On 21 Oct 2004 21:42:28 -0700, 7ibehx001@sneakemail.com (Alan) wrote:

    >"mrW" <wu80@tom.com> wrote in message news:<cl8fm7$ijm$1@mail.cn99.com>...
    >> some *.pdf file's word size is too small
    >> to read . how can we print it in large word size?
    >
    >With Acrobat reader you can select "fit to page" on the printing
    >dialog, if the page of the document is smaller than your actual
    >printer's page size, it will be enlarged.
    >Otherwise, you need to manipulate the PDF, for which you need tools,
    >such as Acrobat, which is not free. (Or use a photocopier and
    >enlarge.)
    >
    >If you just want to read fairly plain text, copy and paste from the
    >PDF to your word processing app.
    >
    >If you have a long document, change the view to "continuous" and with
    >the text select tool, do control A, which will select all the text in
    >the document. Note there are different selection tools -- if you have
    >words in columns, use the Area Select tool (on the flyout menu for
    >Selection, the "T" icon).

    Why all this, Acrobat has a zoom Feature or Magnify, that I use some times

Printers PDF Peripherals