how to print *.pdf file in large typeface

some *.pdf file's word size is too small
to read . how can we print it in large word size?

"mrW" <wu80@tom.com> wrote in message news:cl8fm7$ijm$1@mail.cn99.com...

> some *.pdf file's word size is too small
> to read . how can we print it in large word size?

We need to know first what application you
use to print PDFs. Adobe Reader v.6 allows
for some adjustment print configuration.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Alan

"mrW" <wu80@tom.com> wrote in message news:<cl8fm7$ijm$1@mail.cn99.com>...
> some *.pdf file's word size is too small
> to read . how can we print it in large word size?

With Acrobat reader you can select "fit to page" on the printing
dialog, if the page of the document is smaller than your actual
printer's page size, it will be enlarged.
Otherwise, you need to manipulate the PDF, for which you need tools,
such as Acrobat, which is not free. (Or use a photocopier and
enlarge.)

If you just want to read fairly plain text, copy and paste from the
PDF to your word processing app.

If you have a long document, change the view to "continuous" and with
the text select tool, do control A, which will select all the text in
the document. Note there are different selection tools -- if you have
words in columns, use the Area Select tool (on the flyout menu for
Selection, the "T" icon).

bernie

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Don Phillipson wrote:

> "mrW" <wu80@tom.com> wrote in message news:cl8fm7$ijm$1@mail.cn99.com...
>

>>some *.pdf file's word size is too small
>>to read . how can we print it in large word size?
>

> We need to know first what application you
> use to print PDFs. Adobe Reader v.6 allows
> for some adjustment print configuration.

Don't forget that the layout of each page of your pdf file was
determined when the file was created. So if you could enlarge the text
the information in the document is not going to reflow the way it would
in a word processor. It would just cause things to overflow a page, or
it wold require a bigger page size.

That being said, your printer driver may have the ability to scale the
information that it is printing. Choose File > Print in Acrobat Reader,
then choose printer properties. That will popup a screen from your
printer driver. See if it will let you scale the output to a larger
size. If it has a print preview function it would be a good idea to
select that too. If the pages in your document are smaller than the
paper size in your printer you should be able to scale up to the paper
size. If the document page sizes are already the same as your actual
paper, then of course you are going to overflow the paper for every page
in your document. You should get a message telling you that you are
trying to print something larger than your paper size. Your printer
driver may have a way to handle large pages and print them across
several sheets of paper.

Bernie

o,I use Adobe Reader v.6
and printer is hp lj 1000

On 21 Oct 2004 21:42:28 -0700, 7ibehx001@sneakemail.com (Alan) wrote:

>"mrW" <wu80@tom.com> wrote in message news:<cl8fm7$ijm$1@mail.cn99.com>...
>> some *.pdf file's word size is too small
>> to read . how can we print it in large word size?
>
>With Acrobat reader you can select "fit to page" on the printing
>dialog, if the page of the document is smaller than your actual
>printer's page size, it will be enlarged.
>Otherwise, you need to manipulate the PDF, for which you need tools,
>such as Acrobat, which is not free. (Or use a photocopier and
>enlarge.)
>
>If you just want to read fairly plain text, copy and paste from the
>PDF to your word processing app.
>
>If you have a long document, change the view to "continuous" and with
>the text select tool, do control A, which will select all the text in
>the document. Note there are different selection tools -- if you have
>words in columns, use the Area Select tool (on the flyout menu for
>Selection, the "T" icon).

Why all this, Acrobat has a zoom Feature or Magnify, that I use some times