  • Read Only
  • CD-Rom
  • Windows XP
August 15, 2004 9:27:02 PM

Hi! i'm having trouble backing-up my personal files to CD player my CD is a
CD-RW I can copy file to it OK! but if i try to delete or modify them it
saye's cannot modify or delete this is READ ONLY, I am using RW CD's 12x
speed 700 Mb Capacity.

Iv'e tried un-ticking the READ ONLY box But that not work eather. anyone can
help please.
--
stefen

More about : personal files

Anonymous
August 16, 2004 12:45:30 AM

Hi Stefan,

To have that capability you need to use packet writing software like InCD or
DirectCD. Packet writing turns your CDRW's into giant floppies where you can
manipulate the files or remove them. The native burning engine does not
support that. It only allows for writing to disk or erasing an entire disk.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"stefen" <stefen99@hatespam.com> wrote in message
> Hi! i'm having trouble backing-up my personal files to CD player my CD is
> CD-RW I can copy file to it OK! but if i try to delete or modify them it
> saye's cannot modify or delete this is READ ONLY, I am using RW CD's 12x
> speed 700 Mb Capacity.
>
> Iv'e tried un-ticking the READ ONLY box But that not work eather. anyone
> can
> help please.
> --
> stefen
Anonymous
August 16, 2004 8:57:02 PM

,Thank you Rick, you have sorted my problem, cheers pal. take care. Stefen.

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi Stefan,
>
> To have that capability you need to use packet writing software like InCD or
> DirectCD. Packet writing turns your CDRW's into giant floppies where you can
> manipulate the files or remove them. The native burning engine does not
> support that. It only allows for writing to disk or erasing an entire disk.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "stefen" <stefen99@hatespam.com> wrote in message
> > Hi! i'm having trouble backing-up my personal files to CD player my CD is
> > CD-RW I can copy file to it OK! but if i try to delete or modify them it
> > saye's cannot modify or delete this is READ ONLY, I am using RW CD's 12x
> > speed 700 Mb Capacity.
> >
> > Iv'e tried un-ticking the READ ONLY box But that not work eather. anyone
> > can
> > help please.
> > --
> > stefen

Anonymous
August 16, 2004 9:01:02 PM

Thank's Rick, you have sorted it cheers pal, and take care. Stefen.