2 IP addresses, 1 NIC

peterg

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

I require to connect to a dedicated line to our head office mainframe which
requires an IP address of 10.44.247.x. The computer also connects via the
same hub to the internet via ADSL in the usual 192.168.10.100 etc.

How can I configure W2000 to cater for both connections? There is one NIC.

Many thanks for any help that comes!

Peter ( S Africa)

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

You do can add another IP to NIC in network properties. That called
multihomed computer ( the same from few nics ) but the problem that
the route with less metric will be use to send data.
Arkady