A few, mildly amusing, little anecdotes

Here are some real in-flight announcements that have been heard or
reported: (Well, that's maybe true - maybe not, just passing on what
someone sent to me!).

Martin

"In the event of a sudden loss of cabin pressure, masks will descend
from the ceiling. Stop screaming, grab the mask and pull it over your
face. If you have a small child travelling with you, secure your mask
before assisting with theirs. If you are travelling with more than one
small child, pick your favourite."

On landing the stewardess said, "Please be sure to take all your
belongings. If you're going to leave anything, please make sure it's
something we'd like to have."

As the plane landed and was coming to a stop at Washington National, a
lone voice came over the loudspeaker: "Whoa, big fella. WHOA!"

From a Southwest Airlines employee: "Welcome aboard Southwest Flight
XXX to YYY. To operate your seat belt, insert the metal tab into the
buckle, and pull tight. It works just like every other seat belt; and,
if you don't know how to operate one, you probably shouldn't be out in
public unsupervised."

"Weather at our destination is 50 degrees with some broken clouds, but
we'll try to have them fixed before we arrive. Thank you, and
remember, nobody loves you or your money, more than XYZ Airlines."

"Should the cabin lose pressure, oxygen masks are in the overhead
area. Please place the bag over your own mouth and nose before
assisting children...or other adults acting like children."

After a real crusher of a landing in Phoenix, the flight attendant
came on with, "Ladies and Gentlemen, please remain in your seats until
Capt. Crash and the crew have brought the aircraft to a screeching
halt against the gate. And, once the tire smoke has cleared and the
warning bells are silenced, we'll open the door and you can pick your
way through the wreckage to the terminal."

These are a few from a Westjet flight I was on from Ottawa to Toronto. All
credit to the staff who were the best cabin crew I've had, even though the
flight was only 40 minutes.

"As you can see there are plenty of spare seats, so if someone at another
seat is more attractive than the person you're currently sat next too,
please feel free to move closer to them in the next minute or so."

"Please note that all our washrooms are fitted with smoke detectors and
anyone caught smoking will be asked to leave the plane." (While at cruise
level)

"Can all passengers please remain in their seats while the captain brings
this bad-boy to the gate. And can passengers be careful when removing items
from the overhead bins as things may have shifted during landing and will be
very excited to see you."

Certanly brightened up a late flight on a morning when the wind chill
was -43.

Jimbo.

"Martin S." <Martin S@ms.com> wrote in message
> Here are some real in-flight announcements that have been heard or
> reported: (Well, that's maybe true - maybe not, just passing on what
> someone sent to me!).
>
> Martin
>
> "In the event of a sudden loss of cabin pressure, masks will descend
> from the ceiling. Stop screaming, grab the mask and pull it over your
> face. If you have a small child travelling with you, secure your mask
> before assisting with theirs. If you are travelling with more than one
> small child, pick your favourite."
>
> On landing the stewardess said, "Please be sure to take all your
> belongings. If you're going to leave anything, please make sure it's
> something we'd like to have."
>
> As the plane landed and was coming to a stop at Washington National, a
> lone voice came over the loudspeaker: "Whoa, big fella. WHOA!"
>
> From a Southwest Airlines employee: "Welcome aboard Southwest Flight
> XXX to YYY. To operate your seat belt, insert the metal tab into the
> buckle, and pull tight. It works just like every other seat belt; and,
> if you don't know how to operate one, you probably shouldn't be out in
> public unsupervised."
>
> "Weather at our destination is 50 degrees with some broken clouds, but
> we'll try to have them fixed before we arrive. Thank you, and
> remember, nobody loves you or your money, more than XYZ Airlines."
>
> "Should the cabin lose pressure, oxygen masks are in the overhead
> area. Please place the bag over your own mouth and nose before
> assisting children...or other adults acting like children."
>
> After a real crusher of a landing in Phoenix, the flight attendant
> came on with, "Ladies and Gentlemen, please remain in your seats until
> Capt. Crash and the crew have brought the aircraft to a screeching
> halt against the gate. And, once the tire smoke has cleared and the
> warning bells are silenced, we'll open the door and you can pick your
> way through the wreckage to the terminal."

Jimbo,

WestJet Rules. I've never had so much fun on a flight.

During most flights I ignore the same old speech. (I take the time to do a
look around for exits etc while I'm moving in the plane to my seat)

The Flight Attendant started off with the "..."In the event of a sudden loss
of cabin pressure, masks will descend from the ceiling. Stop screaming, grab
the mask and pull it over your..."

That got my attention. Then she when on to the emergency lighting and the
disco ball will drop etc.. It was amusing and it made me pay attention.

I've never had a bad experience with WestJet. Once while landing we hit a
major crosswind. It was a great landing none the less. While leaving the
airplane the captain was at the door, I commented on what a great landing it
was. He even talked back to me. Wow... Crew and a Captain that are real
people and not just robots imagine that..

73's

Joe VE5JL

http://www.ve5jl.com

"Jimbo1999" <jimbo1999remove@supanet.removecomremove> wrote in message
> [...]
> > public unsupervised."
> >
> > "Weather at our destination is 50 degrees with some broken clouds, but
> > we'll try to have them fixed before we arrive. Thank you, and
> > remember, nobody loves you or your money, more than XYZ Airlines."
> >
> > "Should the cabin lose pressure, oxygen masks are in the overhead
> > area. Please place the bag over your own mouth and nose before
> > assisting children...or other adults acting like children."
> >
> > After a real crusher of a landing in Phoenix, the flight attendant
> > came on with, "Ladies and Gentlemen, please remain in your seats until
> > Capt. Crash and the crew have brought the aircraft to a screeching
> > halt against the gate. And, once the tire smoke has cleared and the
> > warning bells are silenced, we'll open the door and you can pick your
> > way through the wreckage to the terminal."

Arthur

Yeah......Westjet* is in a pretty good mood now that they've screwed
Jetsgo*.....but, then, who really gives a damn except, perhaps, all the
passengers Jetsgo stranded, and the employees Jetsgo had to let go. Let's
hear it for Westjet! Remember, it's nothing personal, it's just business.

*For those who don't follow Canadian aeronautical news, Jetsgo went bankrupt
a few days ago and blamed Westjet for some kind of espionage. Both airlines
fly domestic routes in Canada and are cut-rate (put Jetsgo in the past
tense).

Arthur

"VE5JL" <ve5jl@SpamHater.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> > public unsupervised."
>> >
>> > "Weather at our destination is 50 degrees with some broken clouds, but
>> > we'll try to have them fixed before we arrive. Thank you, and
>> > remember, nobody loves you or your money, more than XYZ Airlines."
>> >
>> > "Should the cabin lose pressure, oxygen masks are in the overhead
>> > area. Please place the bag over your own mouth and nose before
>> > assisting children...or other adults acting like children."
>> >
>> > After a real crusher of a landing in Phoenix, the flight attendant
>> > came on with, "Ladies and Gentlemen, please remain in your seats until
>> > Capt. Crash and the crew have brought the aircraft to a screeching
>> > halt against the gate. And, once the tire smoke has cleared and the
>> > warning bells are silenced, we'll open the door and you can pick your
>> > way through the wreckage to the terminal."

Airlines here in the UK are a bit more, well, British, more's the
pity!!

Martin

> Airlines here in the UK are a bit more, well, British, more's the
> pity!!
>
> Martin

Ryanair?! :)
Yes I know they are irish but they often make entertaining headlines

Chris

I was mainly thinking of BA - "The World's Favourite Airline" (!).

M. :)

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:45:14 -0000, "Chris Curtis" <chris@nospam.net>
wrote:

>"Martin S." <Martin S@ms.com> wrote in message
>> Airlines here in the UK are a bit more, well, British, more's the
>> pity!!
>>
>> Martin
>
>Ryanair?! :)
>Yes I know they are irish but they often make entertaining headlines
>
>Chris

Hmmm... let me see.. company Jetsgo goes out of business, (I guess the $1.00
fairs couldn't pay for the paper in the lav)

What do they do? Blame someone else. There is no proof that WestJet had
anything to do with the demise of Jestgo.

Even with the low prices I still fly WestJet cus I'm sure they will be
around long enough to get me home.