Questions regarding A8N32-SLI Deluxe

AW86

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
so far the gameplan is to buy this board but im concerned about a few things.

running two 512mb dual slot 7800's....anyone doing this along with a x-fi Fatal1ty card? im seriously concerned that there will not be enough room for this, and especially not enough cooling area, im afraid they'll be heat stressed, id like to liquid cool the cards but some of the liquid cooling setups for them take the space where that last PCI slot is and that means a big nono for using the sound card...i personally dont understand how ASUS could design a board so incorectly...infact ive yet to find any board that makes better use of the sli/pci slots..if anyone knows one for amd socket 939 please let me know.

there are some other simpler liquid colling options out there that cool the GPU and then use lots of heatsinks on the rest of it, but id much prefer to use a big waterblock that cools the whole of the card...if anyone knows some good 512 7800 waterblocks that maybe have the pipe hookups pointing up instead of straight across to each other again please let me know

also concerned about cooling the heatpipe for the chipset, i know theres some sort of attachable fan for that but i dont give it much credit, maybe it works fine but id prefer a better way, maybe a waterblock for the heatpipe? ...or taking the heatpipe off and using a waterblock? i dont know if thats even possible as i said im new to liquid cooling.

any input on the matter would be appreciated, im by no means inredibly talented at this, will only be my second build and first time watercooling and first SLI

Cromag

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
You are going to be short on space. I have the X-fi card with only one single slot video card installed, and it's a little tight in there. You're planning dual slot cards....forget the sound card.