windows 2003 domain controller

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Can we dual home windows 2003 domain controller? I have two nics in my
server which is a domain controller. The second nic I want to configure
to support my wireless network. I am concerned because it is domain
controller, and should not bring my network down.

Thanks
-Aniket

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

It can be done but not recommended to use a DC to provide any services not
related to its (DC) functions. You may wish to consider having another W2k3
Server with Routing & Remote Access activated to act as a router between
different IP subnets (e.g. your WiFi and fix net). Better still, secure the
entire setup with IAS 2004.