TCP/IP Maybe??

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

At work we have 8 workstations connected to our Windows 2000 Server. I
hooked up a DSL connection to one of the workstations (phone line
proximity). After establising a connection I then hooked up to a router and
then the switch hoping it would allow the server (and network) internet
access. When I clicked on the browser a connection Wizard started and it
asked if I wanted to use a direct dial up or connect thru another competer
(which I clicked on). It never connected and now none of the workstations
can "see" the server!!! Can't Map Network drives either. We do back ups on
Tape but I was hoping not to have to restore the whole drive if it's some
setting I can change back to "normal". Any Help??

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Is the new router sitting between the workstation and the rest of the
network? Are you wanting to setup Internet Connection Sharing from that
workstation or use the router as your Internet gateway?

--
J.C. Hornbeck, MCSE: Security
Microsoft Product Support

NOTE: Please reply to the newsgroup and not directly to me. This allows
others to add to and benefit from these threads and also helps to ensure a
more timely response. Thank you!

This posting is provided "AS IS" without warranty either expressed or
implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of
merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.