Dumping Physical Memory after pressing 's'.

Hi, i left flight sim 2004 on all night. Was on my way to England (in
the game!!) pressed 's' to change view and got to the second view from
the cockpit, 2 secs later i get dumping physical memory.

I think this is related to a dodgy network cable plugged in at the
time, or an issue with the game because i saw it mentioned somewhere
else on this forum someone called steve i think is a programmer and he
mentioned there is that bug by changing the view. Can i just confirm
that it is a bug in the game and not a prob with the pc?

Would the update to FS fix this issue?

Thank u

More about dumping physical memory pressing

    Thanks for the reply, so have u had this dumping memory prob b4 whilst
    playing the game?

    The game didnt even start being slow though i mean it was behaving
    rather oddly thats because it went off the map i think lol cos i let it
    go on for so long it ended up above the artic circle.

    So anyway this dumping memory issue is normal for the version of FS
    2004 im running yeah? and the upgrade shd fix this?

    Very unlikely to be the PC: FS9 patch to 9.1 supposedly "fixes memory
    allocation" frame rate decreases (quote from MS FS site), but I still
    get the problem sometimes after some hours flying. Not usually to the
    point of out of memory error messages, but performance drops
    noticeably.

    I even contacted Microsoft about the problem recently - they were very
    willing to help, but didn't come up with anything useful I'm afraid.
    Guy I spoke to wasn't aware of any memory problems until I pointed out
    that the FS9.1 patch was, according to MS itself, supposed to fix
    them...

    M.

    When you say 'dumping memory' I assume you are referring to (the well
    documented) memory leak? Yes, fs9.1 is supposed to fix this, and I
    must say, I don't get the problem much, except when flying very long
    haul. The symtoms are falling frame rates and jerkier performance all
    round. Saving the flight and restarting FS will bring things back to
    life again. Not 'as real as it gets' that way, but ....

    Once you get towards the Pole, very odd things start to happen - the
    plane moves sideways instead of forwards. Shouldn't affect memory
    though....

    M.

    I was talking about the 'Blue screen of death'

    Has this happened 2u b4? isit common with flight sim?

    Ah, no I never had that. I thought you meant the out of memory error
    message 'Flight Simulator must close' ....

    M.

Games Physical Memory Video Games