steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Hi Folks,

Got a chance to fly the RealAir Spit last night at a buddies, and it was
awesome. I may buy it, but my favourite warbird has to be the F4U. Does
anyone make a decent one for FS9?

Freeware always appreciated, but if it's as good as that Spit was, I'd
probably fork out the cash.

Steve

Good news for you, Steve!

There is a stunning freeware F4U available on Avsim.

It's my favorite freeware aircraft! Some pics here:
http://www.fs2004.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastupby&cat=0&pos=24

Download here if you have an avsim account:
http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=corsair&CatID=fs2004ac

Or look for the file "corsairf4u7.zip" at any search machine, if you dont
have an avsim account.

Have fun and good flights,
Jan

"Steve" <steve@morleys.org> wrote:

> Nice looking plane, but I can't get her off the ground. Seems really
> touchy on P-factor. Should I be lowering the settings for realism?

Hm, i have the realism settings to max and had no take-off problems so far.
Maybe try a nice weather theme :)

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Hi,

>> Nice looking plane, but I can't get her off the ground. Seems really
>> touchy on P-factor. Should I be lowering the settings for realism?
>
> Hm, i have the realism settings to max and had no take-off problems so
> far. Maybe try a nice weather theme :)

Found the aileron and rudder trim on the option panel which made my
takeoffs much better :) Also I added throttle much slower to give the
rudder the ability to compensate. Locking the tailwheel helped too.

Thanks again for the link, I enjoy flying her.

Steve