MoBo's with both agp and PCI-E

Liberal

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
heya, i've been looking around all day for some decent motherboards which has both agp and pci-e, the one i to this point find most intresting is ASRock 939Dual-SATA2, even though it had some bad conclusions hereon tom's.

so, my question is if you know of other cards featuring both AGP and PCI-e. would also be intresting to hear some views on these cards, is it worth buying, or should i wait until my wallet affords a PCI-E VGA aswell?

toms forums rocks btw ^^

There's one made by ecs with a via chipset; another made by biostar that's more interesting. One chap in another forum says he has tried several agp cards in the biostar board, and they all worked. I'm sure you can find them at newegg, but I don't remember the model numbers. None of these boards is designed for serious overclocking.

Liberal

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
thx for the info mate! i will definately check it out, and i'll have to live with no OC =p

ill come back with my experiences of whichever Mobo i get.

Admiral_Cecil

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2005
Haro,

Mobos with both AGP and PCI-E are okay at best. See reviews at newegg for mobos that have both. You are better off getting a mobo with a single PCI-E or AGP as those tend to have more features.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The Asrock board you listed is the ONLY motherboard with AGP and PCI-Express. Other boards that appear to have both are actually connecting the AGP slot to the PCI bus.

In other words, if you want real AGP, with real AGP performance, you don't have any other choice than the AsRock 939Dual-SATA2.

pat

Expert
I have the Asrock and I did some test with it. Overall, I'm satisfied. Now running my 3000+ @ 2.25GHz. Stable all the way. no prob. with my memory that run at 1T and at the pecs it is supposed to "normally".

It runs AGP AIW9600 as fast as this chip can...which is sloooooooooooooow. but you cannot expect more performance for a passively cooled graphic card ...

There is a world of difference between the AIW9600XT and the AIW9600...

The PCIe is up to par with the PCIe I had in my nforce4.

Overall, this board is not really faster or slower than my nforce4 I had before..