DHCP Leases Dynamic/static

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Hello

i have a Problem with NT/2000/XP Clients.
We have a scope of dynamic IP Adresses and a scope of static IP`s.
I can only get a static IP with ipconfig /release /renew with Admin Rights.

The DHCP Server is a Linux Machine.

Do any know the Problem?

Thank you for your Help.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Hello Tanu,

thank you for reading my Post an sending the Reply.

The Szcenario is:

We use one IP-Adress Scope with the right IP Range 172.19.16.x We want push
one Adress from this Range to every Client in our Company

Also we use a Dynamic Scope with the IP Range 172.19.100.x
The Ip-Scopes are on a Samba Server.

When the Client calls for a new IP-Adress, he allways get a Ip from the
Dynamic
Scope and this is the Problem.

Sorry for the not so good English.

Have nice Day

Uwe

"brenneru" wrote:

> Hello
>
> i have a Problem with NT/2000/XP Clients.
> We have a scope of dynamic IP Adresses and a scope of static IP`s.
> I can only get a static IP with ipconfig /release /renew with Admin Rights.
>
> The DHCP Server is a Linux Machine.
>
> Do any know the Problem?
>
> Thank you for your Help.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Not clear as to what you mean by "scope of static IP's". How do you
distinguish it with "scope of dynamic IP address"?
> I can only get a static IP with ipconfig /release /renew with Admin
> Rights.
Here too not clear on term "static".

Would you please provide more precise information?

newsgroup purposes only.