Sign in with
Your question

What Motherboard is suitable for AMD Processors ?

Last response: in CPUs
December 25, 2005 11:56:37 PM

What are the suitable Motherboards for AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400+ , 4600+ and 4800+ Dual-Core Processor...
December 26, 2005 12:16:02 AM

Most s939 boards will work fine with dual core chips. The best chipsets are the Ati crossfire, and the nvidia nforce4.
December 26, 2005 12:25:57 AM

I would go for a asus a8r-mvp.
Related resources
December 26, 2005 12:39:53 AM

And I'm waiting for the Abit AT8. I think that we like to OC, since that is what the Ati chipset does best. Then again maybe we are just cheap, since those boards dont cost the moon.
December 26, 2005 12:43:55 AM

I recieved this email from a distributer of Abit boards when I inquired as to when they would get the ABIT AT8 in stock...since I was considering it at the time...

Quote:
Hi, Richard,

We experienced high failure rate on Abit AT8 motherboards with our previous batch. We decided not to carry this product at this moment. We will re-evaluate the motherboard when the current batch from our distributors' warehouse run out.

Thank you very much.

Hardware Technician

So after that, I decided on the Asus A8R-MVP instead...
plus, AnandTech gave it a stunning review.
December 26, 2005 1:23:54 AM

That seems a little strange since AFAIK abit has not begun shipping them yet. The last I heard was a january availability to North America. Do you know of anyone who has them in stock?
December 26, 2005 1:38:12 AM

Quote:
That seems a little strange since AFAIK abit has not begun shipping them yet. The last I heard was a january availability to North America. Do you know of anyone who has them in stock?

I heard Abit had some serious problem with their economy.
December 26, 2005 1:46:44 AM

Quote:
I heard Abit had some serious problem with their economy

True, banks dont like lending them money, because they are too honest. They lost thier shirt over the bad cap scam, while most other mobo makers invoked reasonable denyability.
Going to the wall for your customers may not make a lot of friends @ the banks, but it earns my respect. Well that and the fact that I've always been very happy with thier product.
December 26, 2005 2:42:24 AM

Haro,

I would suggest A8N5x for non-SLI -or- A8N-SLI regular/ deluxe.
!