Cannot ping 2000/2003 servers

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Our NT boxes do not see anything other than each other. If I try pinging
them from an XP or 2000 machine I get a timed out error when using the IP
and ping request could not find server from the name.

we just replaced the 2000 server at the top of the tree with a 2003 machine,
the domain had already been preped previously and had a 2003 member server
on it.

Any help would be appreciated

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

In article <A63B6720-2918-4246-A583-D7E8F735F2A6@microsoft.com>,
kirahan <kirahan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>Our NT boxes do not see anything other than each other. If I try pinging
>them from an XP or 2000 machine I get a timed out error when using the IP
>and ping request could not find server from the name.

Verify that all the machines have IP addresses in the same
subnet. Also check firewall settings to see if any are too
restrictive.

--
-- Rod --
rodd(at)polylogics(dot)com