To Users of Ultimate Traffic

Arthur

I'm noticing that my Ultimate Traffic hasn't been all that ultimate,
especially when flying domestically in North America. I'm not sure if it's
me or the program, but the amount of traffic seems sparse in the air and at
airports, and there are little to no foreign airlines flying around the
USA....just the usual domestic varieties. Question: Is it my program which
needs some tweaking or is that the way it's supposed to be?

I've kept the updates from UT going and have the traffic setting on FS9 at
95%. I used to have it at 100% but couldn't get clearance to takeoff or
land at an airport and it was driving me nuts. Now I have a fewer number of
planes, but am still nuts.

Thanks in Advance,
Arthur

Well Arthur... This is a long shot, but here goes...

Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day and too many pilots partied all night! And when they showed up for work this morning, most of them were grounded. So does this sound believable to you?

Bill

Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 19:09:51 -0500

I'm noticing that my Ultimate Traffic hasn't been all that ultimate,
especially when flying domestically in North America. I'm not sure if it's
me or the program, but the amount of traffic seems sparse in the air and at
airports, and there are little to no foreign airlines flying around the
USA....just the usual domestic varieties. Question: Is it my program which
needs some tweaking or is that the way it's supposed to be?

I've kept the updates from UT going and have the traffic setting on FS9 at
95%. I used to have it at 100% but couldn't get clearance to takeoff or
land at an airport and it was driving me nuts. Now I have a fewer number of
planes, but am still nuts.

Thanks in Advance,
Arthur

Arthur

Hmmm.....It would sound believable, Bill, except I am not of aware of too
many Irish pilots who would be celebrating St. Patty's Day, working for KLM,
Air France, Royal Jordanian, El Al, Aeroflot, Pakistani or even LOT Polish
Airlines, BUT, I could be wrong. However, I'll take your thoughts into
consideration even though they are a self-admitted 'long-shot'. : )

Arthur

Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 19:09:51 -0500

I'm noticing that my Ultimate Traffic hasn't been all that ultimate,
especially when flying domestically in North America. I'm not sure if it's
me or the program, but the amount of traffic seems sparse in the air and at
airports, and there are little to no foreign airlines flying around the
USA....just the usual domestic varieties. Question: Is it my program which
needs some tweaking or is that the way it's supposed to be?

I've kept the updates from UT going and have the traffic setting on FS9 at
95%. I used to have it at 100% but couldn't get clearance to takeoff or
land at an airport and it was driving me nuts. Now I have a fewer number of
planes, but am still nuts.

Thanks in Advance,
Arthur

Yes but I heard everyone is Irish on St. Paddy's Day :)

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

"DB" <shyturttle@nospamaol.com> wrote in message news:O6P_d.476$Tn6.24@fe08.lga...
> hmm you mean you have to be Irish to celebrate St. Paddy's???
>
> DOH!
>
> lol
>
> Damian

Believe me, no-one in England is Irish at any time if they can help it.

Cheers,

Quilly

Good point!

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

"Quilljar" <wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:3a2g7uF66ujrhU1@individual.net...
> Believe me, no-one in England is Irish at any time if they can help it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Quilly

Arthur

OK.....all of that is very cool.....but what about my problem??? There's a
lack of traffic flying around and I want to know where they're at and how to
find them : (

Arthur

"Carl Frisk" <c.frisk@REMOVE.verizon.net> wrote in message
> Good point!
>
> --
> ...Carl Frisk
> Anger is a brief madness.
> - Horace, 20 B.C.
> http://www.carlfrisk.com
>

> "Quilljar" <wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Believe me, no-one in England is Irish at any time if they can help it.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Quilly

Arthur <alspectorz@rogers.com> wrote:

> OK.....all of that is very cool.....but what about my problem??? There's a
> lack of traffic flying around and I want to know where they're at and how to
> find them : (

I forgot the wording of your original post. Did you compile the traffic
in Ultimate Traffic? This should produce a large traffic.bgl file that
resides in the following directory:

{FS9 Root Folder}\scenery\world\scenery\traffic.bgl

--
Peter

> I'm noticing that my Ultimate Traffic hasn't been all that ultimate,
> especially when flying domestically in North America. I'm not sure if
> it's me or the program, but the amount of traffic seems sparse in the air
> and at airports, and there are little to no foreign airlines flying around
> the USA....just the usual domestic varieties. Question: Is it my program
> which needs some tweaking or is that the way it's supposed to be?

I fly all over the world, often in Europe and Asia. There is plenty of
Ultimate Traffic around in the busiest areas like Thailand, Hong Kong,
Singapore or Indonesia etc., but much less in places like Siberia. Pherhaps
this also is the case in the USA.
Try to generate arriving- and/or departing schedules in UIltimate Traffic.
This will show you all the traffic that should be around. Then, use
Uitilities to check of all the aircraft really are present and used as AI
traffic.

Perhaps this helps.

Henk

Arthur