DHCP error

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Event viewer message (DHCP failed to obtain a lease for the card with network
address 00B0D0444C05. The following error occurred, the semaphore timeout
period has expired). I am also getting a message (The DHCP client could not
obtain an IP address) Any help please, it is getting on my nerves.
--
jeff
1 answer Last reply

    Jeff,

    Are you using WinNT 4? If yes, see if following articles help:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;163383
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;154882

    In case you still face the issue, please post more details about your OS,
    Network and DHCP configuration settings.

    -Tanu Mutreja [MSFT]
    newsgroup purposes only.

    "Jeffrey" <Jeffrey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Event viewer message (DHCP failed to obtain a lease for the card with
    > network
    > address 00B0D0444C05. The following error occurred, the semaphore timeout
    > period has expired). I am also getting a message (The DHCP client could
    > not
    > obtain an IP address) Any help please, it is getting on my nerves.
    > --
    > jeff

DHCP Event Viewer Microsoft TCP/IP Windows