Wireless Zero Configuration on XP SP2

Hi,

I am maintaining a Wireless utility for a company I work for and have a
problem with it running on Windows XP SP2.

The utility performs the following steps through an automated wizard :

1. Disable Ethernet
2. Enable Wireless
3. Purge any previous wireless cached connection credentials (to force
the user to re-authenticate)

It currently uses the WZCTOOL.exe to perform step 3 but this is not
working on SP2 - presumably because of the way that "Wireless Zero
Configuration" is operating.

My question is, how can I programmatically purge any previous wireless
cached connection credentials to force the user to re-authenticate,
while running Wireless Zero Configuration on Windows XP SP2.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Andrew
2 answers Last reply
More about wireless configuration

    Found the following post, which I think will help me out :

    http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.win32.programmer.networks/browse_thread/thread/c31a191e9a815551/16e3c012518f62c9

    andrew

    Here's the code I ended up using. Note the "GUID" is the wireless
    adapter GUID that I an getting by using "wzctool.exe", but it would be
    pretty straight forward to get this by enumerating the
    "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WZCSVC\Parameters\Interfaces" registry key.

    ' /*
    */

    function PurgeWZCNetworks(GUID)

    Dim Count, RegString, FINISHED, WSHShell

    Count = 0
    FINISHED = false

    on error resume next

    Set WSHShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

    call WSHShell.Run("NET STOP WZCSVC", 0, true)

    do while (Not FINISHED)
    RegString = "Static#" & Right("0000" & Count, 4)
    if (Not
    DeleteRegistryValue("SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WZCSVC\Parameters\Interfaces\"
    & GUID, RegString)) then
    FINISHED = true
    end if
    loop

    call WSHShell.Run("NET START WZCSVC", 0, true)

    Set WSHShell = nothing

    end function

    ' /*
    */

    function DeleteRegistryValue(Path, Value)

    dim oReg, code

    on error resume next

    Set
    oReg=GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\.\root\default:StdRegProv")
    code = oReg.DeleteValue(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Path, Value)

    DeleteRegistryValue = (code = 0)

    end function

    ' /*
    */

Wireless Configuration Windows XP Wireless Networking