how to setup the DHCP server to support mutiple subnet?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

we had 3 subnet, 192.168.1.0/24 192.168.2.0/24 /192.168.3.0/24, each subnet
was conncted by the leased line (Frame Realy with Cisco routers)

The DHCP server is located in 192.168.1.0/24 and the server is W2K server.
We did not plan to implement other DHCP servers in the other 2 subnets. So
all the clients have to get the IP from this DHCP server even in those
subnets.

I understand to setup the 'IP help address' in the router to forward DHCP
information. So all the clients could get the IP address.

But I cannot understand how to setup the DHCP server to let clients in
different subnets can get the right ip address. Say, in the 192.168.2.0/24,
if a client boot up, how can he get the ip address of 192.168.2.x but not
192.168.1.x?

Any advice is appriciated.

Bruce

mack

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Configure seperate scopes for each subnet. The dhcp server will look at the
router interface that the DHCP request came into the router on and know which
scope to use to provide services to the workstation.