Quiet cases? suggestions please?

h0ffman

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2005
Hi There

I'm just about to build a new pc for music production and need a quiet case. I'll looking at an Athlon 64 3700 (San Deigo) with one sata drive and two sticks of 512 ddr. I'm definetly NOT looking to over clock it so heat shouldn't really be an issue.

Suggestions please?

pwnage

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
Lian Li has some casees that are cheep and quiet

so dose Antec, but my exeriance with Antec hasn't been all to good. so my opinon is a little bias. there about the same price point, but the build quality of Lian Li cannot be surpassed.

check out newegg they have a ton of cases.

CommodoreRed

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah still want good air flow and fans anyways, but no OC means can lighten up a bit. That Antec is a great case... little on steep side green wise.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
of course if you really want a quiet pc life the Zalman Reserator1, would be the best option a bit on the expensive side but hey you could do away with a couple of fans.

anyway the stock fan on that amd should be fine use cool n quiet and you shouldnt be able to here anything.

i have a thing in my bios that i can set so the fan only spins up when the cpu hits a certain temperature(set at 50)

pwnage

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
Flakes
Just a question
Why would you suggest that?

Normally water cooling is for OC'ers and hard core modders. Your right in the fact that it makes for a quiet PC but, it's probably not something that he is going to want to do. But hey you never know; he could want to I just don't think it worth the cost on such a small system

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
well it depends on how much it matters too him, as long as a pc has fans in it its not really quiet. the title is "Quiet cases? suggestions please?" it was just a suggestion.

i know what he means basically you want a case with 1 fan in the front and one in the back, or just take out the front one and use the back one, a good copper cooler so you can get a really slow fan on that cpu and a not too hot GFX card.

pwnage

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
It was a good and correct suggestion for a quiet case. but in my opinion it doesn't look like something he is interested in.