Change DHCP timeout?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Our application installs a USB network adaptor, which the user then plugs
into their computer. Upon plugging it in, the adaptor searches for a DHCP
server for a solid minute, and afterwards comes up with an error message
specifying "limited or no connectivity" because there's no DHCP server.

This is normal; my question is whether or not it's possible to shorten the
timeout or somehow disable the USB adaptor from using DHCP. I have the INF
file for the driver.

Any suggestions or ideas?

--
Where am I going?
And why am I in this handbasket?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Check maybe in co-installer ( user mode , obviously ) you can set static IP
by SetStatic() of Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration ( WMI )
Arkady

"Arkady Frenkel" <arkadyf@hotmailxdotx.com> wrote in message
> Check maybe in co-installer ( user mode , obviously ) you can set static
> IP by SetStatic() of Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration ( WMI )
> Arkady

We already set the address to a static, but the adaptor has to wait for the
DHCP timeout before it's available to us--and it results in an error message
being displayed to the user.

Any other ideas?