What protocol does the map network drive application for N..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Hello,

What protocol does the map network drive application for NT use?

Thanks,
Catherine
3 answers Last reply
More about what protocol network drive application
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

    Typially Netbios over Tcp/ip.

    --
    Scott Harding
    MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

    "Catherine Wu" <cawu@cisco.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > What protocol does the map network drive application for NT use?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Catherine

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

    Never mind, I looked with a sniffer and found SMB

    Thanks,
    Catherine

    Catherine Wu wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > What protocol does the map network drive application for NT use?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Catherine

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

    Are you sure, for NT that have to be netbios ,opposite to W2K+ where netbios
    and snb used in parallel
    Arkady

    > Never mind, I looked with a sniffer and found SMB
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Catherine
    >
    > Catherine Wu wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> What protocol does the map network drive application for NT use?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Catherine

Network Drive TCP/IP Microsoft Windows