Recommend good arcade style flight sim?

Last response: in Video Games
March 19, 2005 8:03:28 AM

Hello. I'm new to flight sims and just finished all the missions on Crimson
Skies. I tried the more realist sims, but prefer the arcade type for now.
Can anyone recommend another good arcade type flight sim for a PC? Thanx in
advance.
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 10:33:37 AM

You can get Combat Flight Sim I for under $10 now a days. Just play it at
easy setting. At hard setting it becomes a challenge.

Emilio.

"Barry Fritz" <bfritz@sprynet.com> wrote in message
> Hello. I'm new to flight sims and just finished all the missions on
Crimson
> Skies. I tried the more realist sims, but prefer the arcade type for now.
> Can anyone recommend another good arcade type flight sim for a PC? Thanx
in
> advance.

March 20, 2005 12:05:07 AM

"Barry Fritz" wrote in message
> Hello. I'm new to flight sims and just finished all the missions on
Crimson
> Skies. I tried the more realist sims, but prefer the arcade type for now.
> Can anyone recommend another good arcade type flight sim for a PC? Thanx
in
> advance.

I'm mainly into simulation for flying, but also enjoy good flight arcades.
I play "Crimson Skies" quite often online (XBox). A lot of fun online.
Also enjoyed playing through "Ace Combat 04" and "Ace Combat 05" (PS2) as
well.

You are asking about PC flight arcade games, not console though. Hmm. How
about "Falcon 4.0", "IL2", or even "LOMAC" but with many of the cheats
enabled? I have F4 and IL2 and play every now and then with cheats enabled
just to fly around and basically raise hell. It feels arcadey.

Cheers,
-Eric
!